Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishermanG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

No internet for 2 weeks. Please help mod

Go to solution

Hello folks

My internet stopped working since two weeks ago. Constant flashing purple +/- flashing orange. I have done everything to try fixing it e.g. reseting, using test socket, changing cable, and finally resorting to calling OpenReach engineers.

16/1/2018: First engineer came. I was informed that my line was accidentally "swapped" for a Sky internet service and my telephone number was wrong. He "fixed" it - blue light came on. Internet was up for only 6 hours. Same thing after that - flashing orange. 

17/1/2018: Spoke to BT chat people. They found line fault nearby/inside my property. 

19/1/2018: Second engineer came. Again, told the same thing. My line at the greenbox was "switched off" and wrongly assigned telephone number. Intenet came back up. Stopped working 6 hours. 

20-23/1/2018: I was out of town so couldn't get the chance to report this

24/1/2018: Spoke to BT chat. They told me that I need to wait till midnight. ???No clue what they were talking about. I patiently waited until following day, still flashing orange. 

27/1/2018: Third engineer came. I was informed of the same thing - wrong wiring and tel no. etc. He also said that the two previous engineers didn't do their jobs properly - and the wiring was a mess? He reassured me that he would get the wiring fixed this time. Half an hour later, I was informed that he couldn't fix it :((((( And he advised me to speak to BT to do something at their end. Massive dissapointment ;(

Can anyone please help me out? Thanks very much.  

Edit: I have BT Infinity 1 (with free upgrade to 76mbps). Had it up since August 2017. 

Edit 2: IT WAS FIXED. Spoke to BT chat again. They fixed it from their end. That was efficient. fingerscrossed that it will stay fine. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: No internet for 2 weeks. Please help mod

Go to solution

I think a mod is the best bet to get this mess sorted out for you. One should be along shortly.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

looks like may be fixed now - time will tell

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@fishermanG I'm really sorry about the recent problems you've had with your BT service, I'm glad to see that the chat team sorted it for you. Did they advise you what the issue was?

fishermanG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hello mod @NeilO

It stopped working again ;( I spoke too soon.

It happened once about two hours ago, but it reconnected after I restarted. Now, it's flashing purple +/- orange. Could anyone help me out? Find me a permanent fix. 

Thanks!

Regards

Gordon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @fishermanG Sorry that the fault has come back again.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
fishermanG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks. Done.
0 Ratings
fishermanG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Just a quick update:

It's fixed! Internet has been up for >6 hours which is a good sign. 

Issue: My line to my apartment has been "crossed over" to another apartment in my building. Not sure how/why. Thanks to Jamie - the Openreach engineer!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@fishermanG wrote:
Thanks to Jamie - the Openreach engineer!

If you think he did a good job, then why not provide feedback?

Thank an Openreach engineer - they do the repairs

0 Ratings