Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgiaJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

No internet for a month and engineers missing visits

Hi there,

I'm posting here as I'm completely at a loss as to getting my internet working. I'm writing in regards to the service we've received from BT for our faulty internet service. On May 4th, our internet suddenly stopped working, and since then we've had no luck in getting BT to fix it.

• The customer service team first insisted our hub was broken (the third hub we've had from them in one year); and sent another. That did not resolve the issue.
  • They then sent an engineer (my partner had to take a day off work to wait for them), who said it wasn't an issue with the hub, or in our flat, and asked an Openreach engineer to check an external line, and then left.
  • We received no further updates on this fix. We called a week later, and were told they'd been and 'fixed it'. We still had no working internet.
  • They then assured us that they'd send an engineer to check issues externally, but that we didn't need to do anything or be at home for the engineer's visit. We called a week later and found no record of this logged, and that we needed to book an engineer and be home for the visit - the first slot was a week later on Friday 25 May.
  • The engineer slot rolled by (8am-1pm), and after staying off work to let in the engineer again, no one arrived. We call BT. BT insist they're coming by 1pm. No one showed up so we call again, and are told 'there's a mistake, no one is coming.' When asked what the mistake was, they were unable to provide any details.
  • We then unexpectedly received a letter about 'Welcome to BT' and gave us a start date - I have NO idea why. We've been a customer for two + years. We recently renegotiated out contract, but that was a month ago, so we're confused as to why we received a welcome letter.
  • We arranged for a visit yesterday; but upon not receiving any confirmation texts, called to confirm. Again, we were told there was an error, and no one was coming. The lady who assured she'd call us back (Fiona) did not.
  • I emailed the Exec Level Services Team  team in Newcastle. They confirmed no one was coming on Tuesday, and said someone would be there to examine our internet on Wednesday AM (today) After a missed call from BT on Saturday morning, I called / left an answerphone / emailed back the rep and heard nothing back. No one came. This is the second missed appointment, and again, we waited at home for no reason.
  • UPDATE: They said the engineer had marked the visit as having happened. He 100% did not show up, as my partner has been waiting all morning at home, next to the phone and door.
While we'd like to stay with BT, but a month without internet, and missed appointments/lack of helpfulness from the customer service team while paying for a non-existent service - plus lack of help from even the Exec Level Services Team means I'm rapidly losing faith.

Please can you help us find someone who'll take responsbility for our not-working internet?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No internet for a month and engineers missing visits

does your phone work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GeorgiaJ
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi there.

We don't have an actual phone; but the first engineer to visit said our phone line works fine.

On another call and they rediagnosed that the issue is outside of our flat. They diagnosed this two weeks ago, and have made no efforts to tell us what it is / fix it - so I've not a clue why they just did the same thing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

having a cheap corded phone is a good £5 investment as the first test when any problems is to check it dial tone at test socket as this simple test can save you paying £129.99 for an engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GeorgiaJ
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks @imjolly but BT know the issue is with them; but they're just being useless about properly diagnosing and fixing it, so we're not worried about the charge. It's a good piece of advice though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I would ask the mods to help you but they don't normally get involved after you have contacted ELC

0 Ratings