cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulm82
Message 1 of 5

No internet for a week, flashing purple light

We have been without internet for a week now, the Homehub 6 has been flashing purple the whole time. Tried the usual stuff support always tells you to do, factory resetting, trying the old openreach modem and homehub I still had, still nothing worked.

Trying to get anyone to fix this has been a nightmare. I first called up last Tuesday and the phone call cut off while I was on hold, called again got a different call centre and they eventually booked an engineer to come on Thursday morning. He turned up tested a few things and told me there was nothing else he could do and he had to book an openreach engineer appointment and did so for monday morning. Wait in on monday, no one turns up, still no internet. I check the status and it was marked with something like "the customer confirmed with us that it was fixed" despite the fact we have done no such thing and had no contact with anyone since booking the appoinment.

Next I tried using the live chat on monday afternoon and was told they found a fault outside the home which will be resolved in the next 3 days and we will recieve a call about it between 9 to 11 the next morning for an update. Well here we are and surprise surprise, no phone call. I also checked the status again and noticed that a fault has been opened for making phone calls despite the fact that's been working the whole time.  Now I could wait the full 3 days but at this point I've lost pacience and just don't trust anyone is actually paying attention to this issue as they seem to be logging things incorrectly all the time, so thats why I'm posting here.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: No internet for a week, flashing purple light

I have asked mods to see if they can help with engineer visit  they will post a link here  

once you complete the form following the link it may take mods 2/3 days to get back to you are replies are in order forms are received

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
paulm82
Message 4 of 5

Looks like I posted too soon, I power cycled the router for the umpteenth time just now and what do you know, a blue light and working internet for the first time in a week. Had no communication from anyone about this but hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @paulm82,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry there was a delay in getting your service back up and running.

Please keep an eye on your connection, if you have any more post back and I'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings