cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: No internet on activation day.

Go to solution

I did a speed test right after I got the confirmation text earlier today. About 35 down, 8 up, which is consistent with past results. I was watching a Twitch stream at the time it went down. Never had issues before (with Plusnet or BT before that).

Edit - No issues listed on the service status page. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@Jedimaster wrote:
I did a speed test right after I got the confirmation text earlier today. About 35 down, 8 up, which is consistent with past results. I was watching a Twitch stream at the time it went down. Never had issues before (with Plusnet or BT before that).

As I said, check the online status page, as it could be a network fault, as there are a few showing, depending on what part of the country you are.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

It does seem odd. All you can do is to report it to BT as a fault. It will be classed as an Early Life Failure, and should be dealt with fairly quickly.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
I just got off live chat and they told me my account isn't set up yet, and to call a number where they can get my broadband working now. The lines are closed for the night, but I can't call anyway due to disability. I've had moderators here help me with similar situations that required phonecalls before, if there are any reading this, please help.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

The moderators are very busy, and it would take a few days before they could even look at your case.

Its quite possible that it will sort itself out within 24 hours anyway, as there may be a pending configuration change, as you may have been connected to a port which was active from another customer.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks for your time and effort in trying to help. I appreciate it.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Jedimaster I'm really sorry your broadband isn't working, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Just to update this thread, the account side of this issue has now been fixed, and I have an engineer visit booked for Wednesday. Thank you to everyone that helped. I appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Engineer came today, and was great. He said I had broadband, it just wasn't mine so the hub couldn't authenticate. He left and corrected the mistake that was made at the cabinet on my activation day.

I consider this resolved.  Thanks to everyone that helped.