Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

No internet on infinity 1 since a firmware updated on the hub5

Go to solution
Hi, my hub5 had a firmware update on 17th July, that's the last day I had internet. Its been flashing orange since. Technical team think its a line fault but I call BT on the same line, and there was no noise in the line. Is it just a coincidence or is the update the root of all my woes. I have waited on an engineer on 2 occasions and none turned up.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: No internet on infinity 1 since a firmware updated on the hub5

Go to solution

Hi @Edwardd,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you've been left without an Internet connection. I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Edwardd,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've checked the details of your account and I can see that there is an open fault with BT Wholesale. An engineer has been booked for the 2nd of August and I'll follow up with you then to see how the connection is preforming.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks @PaddyB. I am looking forward to have the engineer attend to the issue.

Thanks

Edwarrd

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
I must say am utterly disappointed with BT. For the third time I have had to wait for an engineer but none turned up. I have never waited more than 24 hrs to have my internet fixed from my previous service provider. Why should I keep paying for a service that I am not getting.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Edwardd,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear the engineer didn't arrive as scheduled. We'll look into this for you and will be in touch tomorrow.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

My experience with BT has been humiliating to say the least. I have been without broadband Internet since 18th July. I registered the fault on the website, contacted BT multiple times by phone, online chats and on the BT care forum. all I got were empty promises of an engineer coming to fix the problem. On three different occasions I spent at least four hours in the house waiting for an engineer.

I have had Internet in my house in Nairobi since 2015 and never had service outage for more than 48 hours and whenever there were interruptions to service, I received emails and text messages beforehand. Or maybe I just dont understand that this is BT – they don't care for the rest. I am now grappling with having to go to work at night whenever I'm on call because I do not have Internet in the house – seriously, in London in this time and age?.

Or maybe I like whining – maybe it is normal to stay 3 straight weeks without service here in London and still receive a bill at the end of the month. Maybe it's normal to make empty promises – or even lie – and not feel sorry about it. In one instance, I am told that the line is faulty, on a different instance am told that I need to have replacement hub, then I'm told that an engineer needs to check outside the house then, in the house. Maybe it's never serious, I mean people lived without broadband in the 90s. 

I'm left with no alternative but to cancel my contract if the problem can't be fixed by close of business tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Is it a hub5 type a? Lots of people have had issues with it since the firmware was updated automatically. Mine would completely restart rather than just go Leane though so it may be different... do you have a neighbour or somebody you know who you could borrow a hub from just to see if it will connect with a different one?
I would try and reset the hub if you haven't already...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Poplar exchange?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

An engineer finally came to fix the problem!. It turns out that the hub was fine, problem was with the line, which would have never got me to the 52 Mbps that I have been paying for. Apparently I have been getting less than what I signed up for all along. 

0 Ratings