cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamesrt2004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

No internet or phone, vandalism on telephone pole

Hello I've had no internet or phone for a few days.

Currently the issue will be affecting around 15 or so houses. With a mixture of isp's.

http://imgur.com/skQKvIt Here's a picture of the problem, as you can see some little **** decided on a Saturday night (was around 3/3:30ish) that obviously it would be super hilarious to cut through the cable (neighbor has had a new fence put in, so standing on their wall/holding into fence gives easily enough height to reach above the big metal shielding)

Unsure what to do. Reported on openreach website but nothing's happened so far, phone bt a couple times and asked for a callback (to mobile) but when I get it, it's cut off both times at exactly 2 minutes (which is odd)

Can a mod assist on reporting this on behalf of myself so at least it's on record.

Thanks,
James
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
suzoooooo
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: No internet or phone, vandalism on telephone pole

not sure this number still active Openreach Number for damage 0800 0232023

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

That's quite a clean cut through that cable and a 20 pair cable is quite dense so it must have been cut by something quite sharp.

It would be unusual for some **bleep** up idiot to go to that amount of trouble, I suspect that has been done maliciously by someone with a grudge against a person/persons in the street or possibly against BT or Openreach....
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Looks like someone used a saw to cut through.

0 Ratings
Jamesrt2004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Open reach just said it's not their problem and to ring service provider. (Woop!)

Yeah I had a look at the cable it's pretty thick and full of copper? Maybe copper thieves that ran off or something maybe? No noise was heard when it(Internet) cut out tho (but had problems with it cutting out randomly lately so just decided to wait it out). I was awake and live just one house down from the pole and can hear people walking past let alone someone sawing away?

Yep I had a debate with my dad (whom I live with) about it being a saw or something like a hatchet (seems too neat to be a hatchet tbh)

But yeah bit stuck, but annoying openreach kind of fobbed me off and said that all people (15+) would have to individually ring and that if they sent an engineer out he would just 'make good' of the site and not actually reconnect any cables. (But if the pole had fell over I'm sure they would?), seems a bit daft but hey ho.

So I have to get through to bt but all the callbacks just fail (had a 3rd then) they say they are checking my line then it hangs up/cuts off.
0 Ratings
suzoooooo
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

report fault on phone line using bt live chat if you can get on it
0 Ratings