Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

No internet to router but tests are fine

Our internet has mysteriously started going down daily since March. 

We were with now tv, and now moved to BT start of June to try and see if that fixed the issue - it didn’t. 

Internet light is off now more than it is on, and our BT hub even says the cable isn’t connected (purple light) when it is! Blue light comes on occasionally but not for long.

We’ve had 10 Openreach engineers out - mixture of phone and broadband, and all their tests come back fine. They picked up a few line faults to start with and they fixed the external issues. 

They’ve changed the master socket in our house multiple times, done lift and shifts twice, and changed the connectors coming into the flat (our line runs underground directly into the flat block).

We’ve had 3 Now TV routers, 1 BT Smart Hub 6 router and 1 TP-Link VR400 one which deals with speeds up to 100-300 mpbs which we bought from curry’s to test - all these routers have the same issue, but again when the engineers replicate it on their machines they can connect fine? The green box is right outside out flat block so we shouldn’t even be having issues really.

can anyone recommend next steps? We have an 11th engineer coming next week (broadband one from openreach) but I’ve run out of holiday to take (taken 10 days holiday for these visits) - I’m now having to start taking them unpaid just to accommodate for a visit that probably won’t solve the issue.

Please does anyone have any suggestions/experience we can try ourselves to fix the problem?

our BT hub is the Smart Hub 6 - one engineer suggested we change to the Hub 2 because of how close we are to the box it may be throwing off our current routers (something to do with the chip inside them apparently, which is different in the faster mbps routers).

help! Lol 

thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: No internet to router but tests are fine

How are you trying to connect to the internet, wired or wireless?

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: No internet to router but tests are fine

Hi there,

wireless - the wireless light is has been on for all our routers, but no internet. We have to be plugged into the router to use an Ethernet (presumably this is your follow up question?) but I still need to buy an Ethernet adaptor for my laptop to test this - although I know a few IT guys and they’ve told me this wouldn’t make a difference unfortunately.

have you got any suggestions? We’re stumped and so are the 10 engineers which have come out 🤔

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Re: Downstream SNR Margin too high after previous disconnects

Hi there.

im wondering if you could help - our internet has been down since March, and perminantly  down since May - we’ve had 10 engineers out and no one can fix it. 11th engineer due on Tuesday 25th June.

last engineer recorded SNR margin of 20 - and we have also been resettting the hub constantly as we weren’t aware of this issue described above, and were always advised by BT and Sky to do so. How can we  reset ours SNR margin so we can leave for a few days to see if that fixes the issue we’ve been having, or perhaps after the next engineer visit on Tuesday 25th June? 

any pointer would be great - we moved from Sky to BT at the start of June in the hope it would fix the issue but since then our BY HH6 has been flashing purple and orange despite being connected up perfectly, and our engineer equipment works absolutely fine when connected to our sockets and reports no faults on the line.

any help or pointers would be appreciated!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

I moved your post to start your own thread as previous thread was 2 years old

can you post stats from your hh6  advanced settings then technical log information

line noise?  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

enter phone number and post results  remember to delete number    https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@Hward  Please stop posting variations of your problem on multiple threads it just confuses things.

Regardless of how many engineers you have had, unfortunately it will require the diligence of an engineer to trace down your line fault, also if you keep re-setting the hub it will just make matters even worse.

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Apologies - just collecting information from similar problems To find a solution - I don’t usually spam but every engineer we’ve had out is stumped - not holding my breath that the next one we have out will be able to solve either - hence why I’m doing my own investigation so I can relay back to the engineer and be proactive about the problem. We’re no further forward than we were since March with 10 engineers having been out in that time - and 10 days of my annual leave used up just to accommodate for the visits - hence my desperation! 

Having no internet net since March between two providers is taking its toll lol. 

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Ah thanks! Very much appreciated!

which stats from the technical log do you need? Very conscious there’s loads! 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 10

From technical log/information page lines 1-12.

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Ah thank you - phone line is fine as well by the way sorry - last 3 engineers confirmed that and it’s absolutely fine now after Triple checking.

info on Hub:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ91556296

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E016

Firmware updated:

06-Jun-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime: