cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

No internet

Hi I just received my BT router and I connected it but it’s not working. I do not have internet 

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: No internet

@Priya86in 

Is your phone working?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

I do not have a phone. When I check it says broadband not linked to BT account 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

is this a new connection?

if phone not working hence no internet

most basis tool is cheap corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

Yes it’s a new connection and I don’t have a phone. I just use the broadband. And I have never used a phone so I checked with Bt to make sure I can use net without a phone and they said yes. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

you pay for the phone line whether you use it or not.  however if there is no dial tone on your phone line then you will not get internet.  the first stage of getting connected is your phone is connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

I don’t have a phone and I don’t mind paying for the phone. How do I now use the BT since I don’t have a phone so I don’t know if I get a dial tone. Can’t I just connect to the hub and use the bt broadband because that’s what they said I could do. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

basically no phone line working then no internet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

@Priya86in wrote:

I don’t have a phone and I don’t mind paying for the phone. How do I now use the BT since I don’t have a phone so I don’t know if I get a dial tone. Can’t I just connect to the hub and use the bt broadband because that’s what they said I could do. 

Without a phone, its going to be impossible to prove your line, however people often make the mistake of connecting the home hub to the wrong place, so its worth checking.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpeg

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

Broadband not working

Hi team. The net is not working. I do have a dial tone.