cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteBoro64
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

No internet

BTHomeHub5. Working fine for months. This morning devices see and connect to hub but report no internet connection. Tried reboots and factory reset. No joy. Tried my old BT home hub 4 - same problem. No reported broadband faults in area (I have BT Infinity). Any further suggestions ideas? Do I get an engineer out???
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: No internet

Are you connecting to the test socket with a new filter?

does your phone work ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PeteBoro64
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Phone line is fine. I only have one socket - it has a phone socket and a broadband connection for the hub. No new filter or anything.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

have you tried connecting to the test socket located behind the lower removable panel of the master socket
0 Ratings
PeteBoro64
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I connected my phone to the socket behind the panel and that works fine. Still no internet - all devices still "see" and connect to the hub.
0 Ratings
PeteBoro64
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Ps apparently I have a "type 5 SSFP infinity" socket.
0 Ratings
mjnurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

a BT hub4 wont work with fibre , so only a 5 will work. 

i have had the built in filter fail on the wall sockets before , so try your plugging the hub in to the master socket (unscrew the front panel and plug the hub directly in to the socket there) 

try different filters too

other than that - youll need to call BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

the hh4 does work with fibre but you need to use a separate modem

OP already tried test socket with no imrovement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PeteBoro64
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hub seems mostly steady orange now but periodically flashes oranges and steady blue for short periods. I will call BT
0 Ratings
PeteBoro64
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Great ... BT can't provide an engineer until 31st Dec - kids with no internet all Xmas then (plus usual - it may cost you £129.99 warnings). Hub is now orange with orange broadband light flashing about every 20 seconds.
0 Ratings