cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No network with steady orange light from smart hub

i got into this new flat and carried my BT connection. I got this new smart hub 2 and i have a fibre 2 connection. I could see the hub turning orange and the "los" button in the modem being steady red. I contacted with the BT team over call and they arranged for an engineer visit today. Unfortunately the engineer said that there is no fiber coming from the hallway to the modem which is why there is no network. I found this strange since no one in the building has this problem and someone  from BT must have installed the open reach modem at the first place. That person must have checked the connection when he/she installed the modem. How is this possible that the fiber is not connected into the flat? Please let me know if someone else has faced this or is this something different and we have a solution. The hub is solid orange all the time which according to the definition means that its getting network connection. Let me know if you can help

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No network with steady orange light from smart hub

Do you have FTTP and ONT like this. ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If so are lights green

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

yes this is the one and the "los" signal is red and the rest are green. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

image0.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Then there is no fibre connection or the fibre is not 'lit'. LOS = Loss of Signal

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You need to phone the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.