cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

No one will help me

Hi I was due to have broadband installed in the 11th August, the engineers came at 8am and left at 10am and told me it's up and running, after 5 mins my modem LOS light went red and hub orange and never came back on. Took me a few hours to get through to BT and they said they will make a fault and I will have to book an appointment to be fixed. They was supposed to come today the 13th August between 8am 1pm. No one came, took me hours to get through again and I was told by BT that open reach are running late and will be here before 4pm, then no one has came still, so I was on the phone to BT again and he kept me on hold for 45 minutes while he was supposedly on the chat to openreach, now its 6pm he cant help and told me I have to try book another appointment. So now I have to go through it all again to try and get help, all o wanted was to join BT but they cant even get it installed. I've now been told if I cancel BT broadband I will have charges, even though it's not even been installed.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: No one will help me

You have a legal right to unilaterally cancel the contract if they have not delivered the advertised service - which seems to be pretty normal in my painful experience. Make sure you cancel any direct debit they might have set up.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

If the services haven't started the contract won't have either, the official time frame to cancel an order is up to 14 days after the service starts

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Contact the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@marcus9999wrote:
Make sure you cancel any direct debit they might have set up.

Don't do this, your credit file will be affected, resolve the issue with the company and then get a refund, this goes for all services, not just BT.

Message 6 of 10

@pippincpwrote:

Contact the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

Pardon me @pippincp but how can you tell @Ellis83 is awaiting FTTP? @Ellis83 states modem and hub!

Maybe it is just me?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Carlusha  Many users wrongly call the ONT a modem. LOS light is the clue. A modem doesn't have one, an ONT does. There is also the fact modems are no longer fitted on new installs of FTTC. Elementary my dear Carl.

Message 8 of 10

@pippincpwrote:

@Carlusha  Many users wrongly call the ONT a modem. LOS light is the clue. A modem doesn't have one, an ONT does. There is also the fact modems are no longer fitted on new installs of FTTC. Elementary my dear Carl.

Thank you. I sit at my FTTC connected computer corrected! 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@Carlusha  I would prefer you looked at is further informed rather than corrected. It is something you didn't know, asked about and got an answer. TBH I didn't see anything wrong with your question. No one will evey learn anything new without asking questions.

As an example for the past several years been learning Photoshop and it still continues. Luckily I have access to an expert who will answer my (sometimes) dumb questions. He calls me his padawan.😂

Message 10 of 10

Have you not heard of GDPR? If BT submits any kind of data that's suggest you are 'bad customer' they will have caused you harm and you are entitled to see it and have them make recompense. Anyway - pretty hard to resolve a problem with a service provider which a) does not answer its phones, and b) is wholly incompetent.
0 Ratings