Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken8ccu
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No phone line or fibre after BT failed to cancel a house move order

It's hard to know where to start.

A week ago I asked BT on 0800 800 150 to transfer our landline and broadband to a new address as we are moving house. There was a delay in the house move so I asked BT to cancel the move order which they did.

I gave BT a new date for the house move - 12th September 2019

We now have no broadband and no landline connection.

I phoned BT and spoke eventually with the connections team in Blackburn who sent me a minihub so I can use broadband via G4: that came a day later and it works OK.

But they promised landline and broadband would be restored. Nothing happened for two days. Then there was a text message to phone the credit referral team with an order number.

I did that and my wife (who is the account holder) spoke to them. They said the landline would be restored and I would be emailed when it was on. Nothing happened.

I got another text to phone credit referrals - I spoke to them - they passed me to complaints - I spoke to them - my wife spoke to them - complaints tried to speak to the connections team twice but 'it was a bad line' so they couldn't so they recorded my complaint and gave me a complaint number.

So far I've made about 10 calls to BT and no result.

To be fair this is the first time I've had a serious problem with BT but it's very annoying to have nothing happen.

I guess the next step is to write to The Guardian about it.  Any other ideas?  Does anyone from BT read these posts?

Ken

BU

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No phone line or fibre after BT failed to cancel a house move order

A mod should be along shortly.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

The best advice I can give you is not to read the Guardian.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @ken8ccu,

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your line was disconnected early and that you have been messed about so much when trying to get it reconnected.  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings