cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

No show engineers three days in a row

Really Frustrated with the booking system and how case manager is handling this problem

reported 10th Aug
Problem with slowness

10 Aug reported fault - Broadband - UpfrontTest
10th Aug 10.57 it says on the log of faultsGreat news! We've been able to fix the issue, and we've retested your line to make sure you're back up to speed.

16th August contacted BT was booked an engineer appointment for  19th Aug between 1-6pm No-one turned up but online it said engineer visit complete. (today 21st August it now says cancelled someone has edited the log of events?) It was never cancelled.

I was also sent a Mini hub but that was never activated until today but reception is really bad because our walls are so thick

I phoned on the 19th aug around (6.30pm) to ask why the engineer had not come today to be told by an assigned case engineer that it was the wrong team that had been assigned the job and he would personally organise and closely monitor the case and make sure the engineer turns up. It was booked for 20 August 1-6pm. Again no one turned up I was in all afternoon. Although a van was in the village and for a short time parked outside my house but then left. I called again BT that evening to be told that a person in Cardiff would watch this event and also they messaged the assigned case manager and told him to contact me directly and they also booked for another engineer for the 21 Aug 8-1pm. Still, nobody turned up. Spoke to BT again they now tell me its the wrong team and they would assign an engineer. They did that and then I get a message to my landline that the very first engineer has been assigned. 

Correct me if I am wrong but the two teams that are not talking to each other to fix this problem and inform of what is happening is Bt open reach and Qube. I would expect someone from customer services to have picked up on the fact I have HAD to phone three days in a row and the problem is still not fixed and still no visit. I have been told to things that probably need to be addressed. Outside my property or at the exchange there is a big problem that is causing slow speed and drop out but, added to that from my description the actual BT box inside the house from my description is very old and will need updating and possible a new cable to the house.

To summarise I need the broadband fixed and the internal BT telephone point replaced with new cable as it is clear from the reports run online there are major issues. I am paying for the best service but not getting either the speed or good customer service. Up until now, I have always had a good experience with BT. It is a good job I know this is not usual as if I had been a new customer I think I would have left in disgust and given up. I am told my package guarantees the lowest of 49m but I have run lots of tests and that is not the case.

On top of all that the person I spoke to today closes down the ongoing progress report log and it now says Fault fixed 21st Aug (all the other missed visits and been deleted from the list of tracking? They have then opened a brand new one fault with an appointment for two weeks time with the very first guy at Qube. I phoned them and they say its just a visit for "A broadband repair and Home technology Engineer". Which I know the problem will be bigger than that?? So how is that going to fix anything?

Please can someone tell me who or where can I email this major problem to and actually get it sorted?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: No show engineers three days in a row

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods.  your post does not go to BT

the forum members may be able to help but failing that the forum mods will help.   please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

are your dropping internet connection with hub changing colour from normal blue often?

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   leave the exchange and cab number  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for advice although BT have already told me multiple times there are problems on my line but they don't seem too quick to actually fix it or tell what is being done.

Went to 192.168.1.254 clicked on speed check and just keep getting this and have done for the last week? Sop BT will not even let me use there speed checker?

Message I see when I ask for speed checker.
You may also experience problems with your other products:

Landline

No dial tone, unable to make or receive calls

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Went here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and put in my number and get this screen.

result from numberresult from number

0 Ratings