cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No voice calls support anymore from the SmartHub2

Go to solution

FTTP Smarthub2 , after last night storms my phone handsets today say " Voice calls not enabled on hub". Made countless phone calls to BT today, keep being in a queue before dropping the line from my mobile, currently on hold after speaking finally to one person, said he'd pass me on to get it sorted and have now been holding for 54 minutes and 45 seconds ….   It's about to be 9pm..... will they just drop my call? the suspense.....yep..... just changed the message from Please hold to... "Thanks for calling, our advisers are available from ...to..." then hung up.  Any advice? Unplugged and restarted the Hub, the modem and the handsets. No tone, no outgoing calls,  and incoming calls get a message that the user can't take the call right now. Any ideas? We just moved in, it took 5 days to get the engineer out to get the power supply refitted that had been removed by the previous owners, and having it work for less than 24 hours is just a little bit frustrating, although I appreciate it might have been a weather issue.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No voice calls support anymore from the SmartHub2

Go to solution

Services in areas hit by storms are still in progress of being reinstated. If you are in an MBORC area this is taking longer.

The MBORC areas are currently:-

East Scotland

Cumbria

Lancs and Mersey

North and Mid Wales

Swansea and West Wales

Somerset

Devon and Cornwall

If you are in one of those areas I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Interesting. We are in East Staffordshire, and the sky certainly looked a bit mental last night. Broadband works, just the calls affected. Looks like the known MBORC areas might be wider than your list, if that is the issue. Would just like to know if we need an engineer and need to get that booked in, or if it's just a question of waiting ….a day....2 days....a week.... My concern is just if it's pure coincidence and might be dismissed as weather when the fault is something else.  I appreciate your help and the information you provided certainly makes me more hopeful for a easy fix. Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You could always give the FTTP team a ring tomorrow. 0800 587 4787.

Let us know how you get on.

BTW my MBORC list is direct from Openreach and hasn't yet been updated.😀

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

So, first thing this morning was to get back onto 0800800151 which I had been told I should do. After a while,  spoke to a nice person who spoke to someone on the FTTP team who then would deal with my enquiry in 2 minutes. Was put on hold for 2 minutes, then the line went dead.... Tried the number you kindly supplied and the first time it went dead after 10 minutes holding. This time I am still on hold after 27 minutes.....

… and someone talking to me now.....

… they remotely reset the modem/hub and then I reset phone to default out of the box. Relinked handsets to hub ...and hey presto...dialling tone! Done.

Took the best part of 4 hours total spread over the last 28 hours until getting to someone who could assist, but then the problem was sorted within less than 5 minutes.

The kind gentleman said I was the 4th such person he spoke to experiencing the same issue this last day,  which is not something he can recall happening to him over the last couple of years. 

Thank you again for the help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got sorted eventually. Any future problems call the FTTP team directly with the number I gave you.

0 Ratings