cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Noise Margin & IP Profile Reset? Slow download, hanging sites/apps, high latency, 3 visits t

Go to solution

s far as I'm aware I'm on Duston, EMDUSTO.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Re: Noise Margin & IP Profile Reset? Slow download, hanging sites/apps, high latency, 3 visits t

Go to solution
To confirm exchange:

XX on Exchange DUSTON is served by Cabinet 53

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateWBC FTTC 18x2 Provide AvailabilityWBC FTTC 18x2 Sim AvailabilityLeft in Jumper High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean)
80 64.3 20 19 55.2 Available -- -- Yes --
VDSL Range B (Impacted)
79.8 55 20 17.7 40 Available -- -- Yes --
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

It certainly looks like a congestion problem as your sync speed is fine but download speed very slow. I have asked the moderators to have a look to see if there are any known problems at your exchange, they should respond in the morning.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks Liquorice, much appreciated. Thanks also to Gg30340 and imjolly.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution
Not forgetting keith_beddoe too. I know you’re not BT employees so again thanks for the support and quick replies.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @GD3 and thanks for posting.

There's nothing listed for congestion issues at the Dunston exchange so we'll need to take a closer look at this for you. Please drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

Hi DavidM

Thanks so much for getting to me on both issues so quickly, really appreciate that.

I’ve done as instructed, ref: *****-*****.

Anything else please give me a shout.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @GD3. We'll pick this up and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Sinc emy last post I have I had had frequent contact with a great guy, manager called Robbie, wo has been very helpful. However it seems the teams he is working with aren't as helpful..

I waited a week and a half for the second line technical team to get back to him, and now my speed is closer to the advertised and current sync speed of 55Mbps download (circa 32Mbps wired so while an improvement not exactly satisfactory) but the hanging sites problem is still continuing with a vengeance and I have been waiting since Wednesday last week for a call from them so I can directly describe the issues to them.

I bought a new router yesterday just in case and, no joy, the same issues persit. Using Google's DNS addresses somewhat ease (but not fix) the Google sites hanging but two websites I cannot connect to are Netflix and the Anglian Water account- new thread started in case somebody can answer this specifically.

I now have two faulty Smart Hub routers and from what I have read online they are known to fail frequently and quite soon from being unboxed- is anyone aware of a recall of these?

Also in people's opinions at what point is it fair to expect BT to agree to contract termination, and compensiation for a unfit-for-purpose service? Over three months since activation now and I am suffering financially now as my lodger moved out in frustration and I can't get anybody in until I have a decent service for obvious reasons.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution
My case is now with the faults team and while there was considerable improvement towards the 55Mbps throughput at between 25 & 30 and my noise margin is now around 12/7 (using TP-Link routers) and the webpage hanging issue was alleviated to a certain point by using Open DNS addresses. The latest stage is a (second) replacement hub which I connected last night to allow further remote diagnostics and immediately the useable service degraded to around 10 up, 8 down, 20ms ping and unable to load certain pages such as Google search, Gmail, Anglian Water and Maplin.co.uk.

I wonder if rather than an issue with the HH6s actually something wrong is being detected by these that the aftermarket routers miss and are compensating in some way resulting in poor connection? If I find out I will post..
0 Ratings