cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Noise Margin & IP Profile Reset? Slow download, hanging sites/apps, high latency, 3 visits t

Go to solution
It seems both the throughput and hanging website issues have been resolved with a card reset on the DSLAM on the road- also potentially resolving issues for up to 50 other subscribers across all the hosted operators.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Re: Noise Margin & IP Profile Reset? Slow download, hanging sites/apps, high latency, 3 visits t

Go to solution
This was two weeks ago, so I experienced the issue for a solid four months, and the line seems steady so far.

It seems that if I hadn’t pushed this far and remained so persistent then the issue would remain forevermore, eg until next hardware upgrade or a total hardware failure.

What I am waiting for now is a call back to discuss compensation for the service I was unable to use for 4 months, time taken off work for 3 engineer visits, purchase of two routers and loss of rental income for a month as my lodger moved out due to this issue- this was supposed to be Saturday or Monday but it’s Thursday evening now..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

@GD3 wrote:
This was two weeks ago, so I experienced the issue for a solid four months, and the line seems steady so far.

It seems that if I hadn’t pushed this far and remained so persistent then the issue would remain forevermore, eg until next hardware upgrade or a total hardware failure.

What I am waiting for now is a call back to discuss compensation for the service I was unable to use for 4 months, time taken off work for 3 engineer visits, purchase of two routers and loss of rental income for a month as my lodger moved out due to this issue- this was supposed to be Saturday or Monday but it’s Thursday evening now..

Good luck with a claim but as you don't have a business connection don't hold your breath.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Still nothing.. I called customer services today who said they could offer me £25. A bit insulting when I'm at least £550 out of pocket- £350 for days taken off for engineer visits, £100 on 3rd party routers and £100 for payments made while I had an unuseable service, not to mention to £550 of lost rent when my lodger left. Do BT not want to keep customers? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

As @pippincp said you need a business connection/contract to be able to make that sort of claim

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

@GD3wrote:

Still nothing.. I called customer services today who said they could offer me £25. A bit insulting when I'm at least £550 out of pocket- £350 for days taken off for engineer visits, £100 on 3rd party routers and £100 for payments made while I had an unuseable service, not to mention to £550 of lost rent when my lodger left. Do BT not want to keep customers? 

Perhaps you might want to put it in writing to BT? 

Here is their Customer Complaints Code of Practice.   The address to complain to is on Page 4. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings