cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norniron1985
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Noise Margin

Does my noise margin seem high and could that be causing my xbox etc to feel slow ''delayed''.

Screenshot_20191007-111558.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Noise Margin

your noise margin is ok and is higher than normal 6db as you are on superfast 1 with max connection spee 55mb whereas your line is capable of faster speed  if you moved to superfast 2 your speed would be nearer 80mb and noise margin about 6db  that is not affecting you download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Norniron1985
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

This probably wont make sense to anyone but ive been having problems with gaming for years last night I tried a mobile hotspot and everything was so fast.

The main problem has been with Fifa on the xbox one even playing offline but still connected to EA servers was sluggish/button delay well on a mobile hotspot its a different game so fast no button delay.

• Basically when I connect to EA servers on my home network something is blocking the connection from reaching full potential.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Norniron1985 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with your gaming. Are you connected wirelessly or wired? Have you tried resetting the hub etc? Have you tried switching off smart set up? Can you post a tracert to the game server and one to the BBC for comparison?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Norniron1985
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

IMG_20191025_102021_opt.jpg

IMG_20191024_224004_opt.jpg

 hi this is a traceroute to one of the fifa 20 servers I basically cant play this game without one sided delay, 2nd picture is with a free vpn on my laptop. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

if from laptop was it done with wireless connection?  if so you need to re-run but using an ethernet connection as wifi is always subject to interference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Norniron1985
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Over the weekend I tried a few settings on another Router/modem TP link Archer vr600 v2  I set a static ip outside of dhcp range DMZ on that ip and upnp off.

Also Enabled Bitswap and SRA, What do these actually do?

Gameplay on Fifa is 10 times better atm. Im not sure if changing these settings have made a difference or EA have done something to their servers.

Broadband speed/latency is the same as on the smart hub always have the xbox wired.

0 Ratings
Norniron1985
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Another update the good gameplay lasted 3 days. Has now been unplayable of both the TP Link and BT hub since Monday.

My opponents dont have a problem as I can see and have asked. People are saying its the servers but cant be if 99% of my opponents have fast responsive gameplay.

Ive had a week and a half of decent gameplay since release of the game. The only thing I can think of is the routes from my broadband to the EA servers are the worst possible. Gameplay on dialup 15 years ago was 100x better.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Norniron1985,

Welcome back to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems, it's far from ideal when your opponents have an unfair advantage due to a bad connection to the servers. I'm not sure if there is much we can do to help with this one but there is no harm in us checking your connection for faults. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings