cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 46

Re: Noise margin change and speed loss

Go to solution

Capture3.JPGDropped again over night! Do these stats give anymore clues as to whats wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 46

Go to solution

did you check for line noise from test socket with corded phone?

looks like a fault and as I suggested previously report fault to CS 150 and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 23 of 46

Go to solution
Ok thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 46

Go to solution
Engineer coming monday 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @shermsta,

Please post back and let us know how things go with the engineer on Monday.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 46

Go to solution

btstats4.JPG

Ok so the engineer came this morning. He checked the cable all the way to the cabinet. Even pulling up 2 manhole covers in the street. Theres no faults on the line that he could see or detect. He did a DLM reset and also changed my fibre port. He said he could not get it higher than 52 though. He put it down to just more people being on the cabinet. My noise margin seems a lot better now and my upload speed is back to 20. It says its 61 now on the max data rate. So maybe my speed will increase over time back up to that?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 46

Go to solution

that's good  just now need to keep a check on connection time for next few days to make sure line is not dropping connection like before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 46

Go to solution

61mb.JPG

Hi, heres an update and it's looking good! Over night my router rebooted itself and it appears my speed is back to 61mbps! I have a question, if this stays stable will g.inp become active and I could be looking at getting even more speed? Saying that I'm very happy with 61 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 46

Go to solution

G.INP will become active if DLM deems it necessarry. It can take up to 10 days.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 46

Go to solution

DLM may also increase speed by reducing your noise margin to 3dB

0 Ratings