Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murph24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Noise on phone line and broadband keeps cutting out

Go to solution

Hi I'm  looking for some advice / help, we have currently have a lot of noise on our phone line and every time we receive a call or make a call the broadband cuts out. We have just moved into a new build house and the phone line was installed at the start of November 2017. I have tried different filters, routers and also plugging directly into the test socket with no success. I can also hear the router starting up when i am on the phone. I have tried putting just the phone straight into the test socket which makes the noise on the line better but it is still there. Any help would appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Noise on phone line and broadband keeps cutting out

Go to solution

If you have noise on your phone line you should report a phone fault. Do not mention your broadband as they will take you down the wrong route. Once your noise problem has been resolved it will most likely resolve your broadband problem.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Report a noisy line on 151, don't mention broadband.

0 Ratings
murph24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the advice i will give it a go.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @murph24 and thanks for posting.

@gg30340 and @pippincp are correct. You'll need to get the noisy line fixed. Once that's done the broadband connection should improve. Can you let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
murph24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi again just a quick update, I rang 151 which directed me to a advisor on another number who asked me to do a few tests with no success. So they have booked engineer to come out in a couple of days to have a look at it, hopefully they can solve the problem.

0 Ratings
murph24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi just a quick message to say that an engineer has been out today and fixed the problem. No noise on the phone line and the broadband connection is stable, thanks for your help.

0 Ratings