cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeardyDave
Contributor
Message 41 of 50

Re: Noisy line and terrible upload speed

So I was supposed to be getting a call from a supervisor today on my work number. I specifically told them not to call me on my mobile as I have virtually no signal at work. So a help desk representative rang me on my mobile (*facepalm*) and told me that the person that was supposed to be calling me wasn't available today and that someone else would be calling me tomorrow.

Great. I'm glad we sorted that out. Thanks BT, keep up the good work.

Meanwhile I've just had a lovely chat with a sales advisor at Zen Internet.

I'm going to give BT two more days to fix this mess becasue I'm a reasonable chap. If I don't have around 50Mbps down and 6Mbps up by then I'll be switching to Zen. Tick tock BT. Tick tock.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 50

The issue will remain with whichever ISP you go to. It will be the same Openreah engineer who need to come and repair the line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
BeardyDave
Contributor
Message 43 of 50

I know, but at least I won't have to deal with BT's terrible customer service when I'm trying to get the fault fixed. I understand that faults occur, it's the way a company deals with them that's important.

The Openreach engineers I've had visit have all been very nice and reasonable and get the job done. So I have no complaint with them. It's just BT that make the process of getting a fault fixed intolerable.

0 Ratings
BeardyDave
Contributor
Message 44 of 50

I finally got a call about the complaint I made about a week ago about the issues I've faced with the poor cabling in my area.

I was told that if I called Openreach and explained the problem, they would arrange for my aluminium cable to me replaced with copper.

So I rang Openreach and discovered that members of the public can't request any such thing and that it was the ISPs responsibility to arrange for work to be carried out through Openreach. So basically I've just been lied to and fobbed off by BT's complaints department! So I've now made a new complaint about that.

I've also not had a reply back from the mods of this forum after they told me to contact them.

I'm supposed to be getting another call tomorrow about the line fault so I'll see what they say. If they can't offer a sensible solution it's bye bye BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 50

It can take up to 48hrs at present for mod to get back to you assuming you used the contact us link and did not send a PM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BeardyDave
Contributor
Message 46 of 50

Ok, that's fair enough. I used the proper method so hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 50

Hi @BeardyDave,

I've checked and I can see that your contact is in our queue. It's one of the next ones to be picked up so it should be picked up later today for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BeardyDave
Contributor
Message 48 of 50

Great, thanks.

0 Ratings
BeardyDave
Contributor
Message 49 of 50

I got a call yesterday from a nice chap from the mods team who very quickly arranged for an engineer to visit on Saturday to reset my line.

So thank you to them.
Why can't all of BT's support staff be that helpful and reasonable?
Message 50 of 50

Hi @BeardyDave,

Thanks for the update and for your kind words. That would be Neil.

Hopefully all goes as planned tomorrow and we get this sorted once and for all Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings