cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Nokia FTTP ONT with 3rd party router

Thanks for that liquorice.

Yes, I'm aware of the third party VoIP alternative and the decline in landline use.  Still seems like them limiting their potential market though.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

That's great Steve. That's exactly the type of reply I was hoping for. Someone that's done it already and it's worked.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Would you mind offering your experience with the Orbi system? Was it a simply "login and go" kind of set up or was there much fiddling with settings required? Has it been solid or have you suffered any issues with it?

It's an expensive system and with both my wife and I working from home still, a solid, reliable wifi is a must.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@StuartHKwrote:

Thanks for that liquorice.

Yes, I'm aware of the third party VoIP alternative and the decline in landline use.  Still seems like them limiting their potential market though.

I would guess that the vast majority of BT broadband customers (regular folks) would just stick to the supplied equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Orbi RBR40 and one satellite works well with BT ONT. Hasn't missed a beat. Worked with VM as well.

I don't know if this precise model is still available, but plenty available second hand and the successor is I think less than £200 for the router and one satellite.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Im using a TP link TL-R605 (or ER605) and thats working fine. Simple PPPoE setup and wifi free so fits in with the existing mesh I have. Box is about the size of a netgear 6 port switch so easily hidden out of the way . Nice and cheap (£40) and has enough bandwidth to run the PPPoE service (but not if you use some of the more advanced security options)
Just due for an upgrade to IPv6 as well.

0 Ratings