Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robocop-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Not Getting sync speeds paid for.

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Just upgraded to VDSL with the superfast fibre plus package. Now with a little bit of research the max speed for this fibre package is 80/20 i think. 

Now my modem is syncing at 40/10 which is the speed for fibre essentials. See image here for modem stats:

https://imgur.com/iTbfocF

Does this mean i will have to call support in order to get this resolved or am i being limited due to it being a freshly installed cabinet? 

I want to just double check the speeds of my package are 80/20 before i contact support as im pretty sure my speed is being incorrectly limited. 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Not Getting sync speeds paid for.

Go to solution

certainly looks like the Essential package - what does it say when you check MYBT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robocop-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Hi, thank you for the reply.

ON MYBT my broadband package is Superfast Fibre Plus.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

you need to phone CS and get it sorted  you could try options team and see if they can help 0800800030

if all else fails then post back and can see if forum mods can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robocop-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
Excellent, i'll call them tonight after work and see if i can get it resolved. Thank you for your help! Will post back if i have any other issues.
0 Ratings
Robocop-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Well got home and connection was still the same even after the observed speeds on the DSL checker (using my telephone number) updated with observed speeds of :

Observed SpeedsVDSLADSL
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)784.19
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)200.45
Observed Date2019-07-302018-11-10

Which i am getting no way near that. Any chance mods could help me here?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Can you post your hub stats here please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@pippincp 

Stats link in message 1 showing 40/10mb connection with attainable 90mb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Robocop-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

You can see them in the first post unless you want me to repost them again?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Can you try connecting using the hub and then post the stats from advanced settings then technical log information. Post stats here rather than link as saves jumping pages

0 Ratings