Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Not getting minimum speed

I am looking for new things to try.

My router line stats are as follows (this is not a new account so has passed the settling time)

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)999539994
Max Rate (kbps)1550554079
SNR Margin (dB)9.87.4
Line Attenuation (dB)27.314.5
Errors (pkts)313809

A direct speed test from a wired connection gets 4.4MB/s so 35mbps - this seems short of the current rate but also way short of max rate. Filters are in place, there is nothing else on the line - what have I missed?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Not getting minimum speed

Do a quiet line test, 17070 option 2. Any noise report a line fault on 151.

Remove the master socket faceplate and connect to the test socket. Repost stats when connected for comparison.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hello, thanks for the reply.

No noise - this is piped straight into the master socket.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

if you remove the master faceplate you will find the test socket   can you conenct to test socket with a filter and post stats

test-socket-thumb.jpgtest socket.jpg

test socket shown by black arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Yes - all done. The stats provided are filtered from the test socket.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

are you using a BT hub?  if so which version?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I was but this had the same issues - it was a smart hub 6. I now use a TPLink VR600.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

the one thing missing from the stats is internet connection time not system uptime which is different

your download speed of 35mb is correct for your current conenction speed after allowing for overheads

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done wired and best done with IE/edge as problems with firefox and chrome  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

your stats look like a previous infinity 1 package 40/10 mb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

That is interesting. I just did that - great minds and all that, and I had some spurious results, however, I do have this...

IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

So, despite the people on the phone saying it was not limited by package - it looks like it might be....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Chap on the phone said that "this is the speed coming into your house and not the limit" hmmmm, that is not my understanding... can anyone confirm?
0 Ratings