cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taha
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Not getting the speeds that I am paying for!

Hi,

I've been on BT infinity option 2 for a couple of years now, and recently (A couple of months back) I started a new contract and upgraded my BT Hub (3) to BT Hub (5) and I recently noticed that I have been receiving shockingly slow internet compared to what I am paying for: I am currently getting around about 20-30 mb down and 5-9 up (according to bt speed checker and speedtest.net) when I should be recieving 70-80 mb down and 19-20 up. I called BT up and they said they'll send an engineer, but he didn't come and I really can not be bothered to call again, because this isn't the first time their engineers skipped the appointment. I still have faith in BT over Virgin and other providers. Does anybody know a way I can fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Taha
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Not getting the speeds that I am paying for!

Oh yes,

and not to mention that when I first renewed my internet contract and the hub arrived, the internet was not working and when it was the connection was VERY slow and would cut off for hours on end. I also called them up then and they said they'll send an engineer round, one that actually turned up and it turned out that there was something wrong with my connection and I would have to pay £100 something to get it fixed, but the engineer was nice and decided to make a temporary fix, with no charge. The connection was PERFECT when I was on the HH3 and ever since then the connection cuts off. (Not as much as it used to be, but maybe once a week)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 4

I still have faith in BT over Virgin and other providers. Does anybody know a way I can fix this?

Maybe a slower connection and a few more missed visits will fix your false faith?

More seriously, maybe the mods should look at this.  Sounds as if you have a dodgy HH5 (you wouldn't be the only one).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi Taha,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'll be happy to help you get this sorted, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings