cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Not on the Openreach Database in an old flat

I recently moved into a flat which is an old building and am trying to set up broadband. I have been told that my flat is not on the openreach data base so cannot get broadband (the previous tenants were on Virgin which does not need to be on the openreach data base, but only offer longer contracts whereas I need a 12 month contract). Our address is on the royal mail register but I cannot see where to try and register my flat to be on the openreach database. It is not a new build, and the other flats in my building are registered. Not sure what to do so any help would be really appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not on the Openreach Database in an old flat

BT only offer 24 month contracts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

you would need to apply for broadband from BT but as @licquorice posted contracts are 24months - unless you are a student where term lengths are shorter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@tabithademelza 

You would need to follow the process for ordering a new phone line first. Once that has been provided, then the Openreach database will be updated and you will be able to see what broadband options are available to you.

Place an order for a line only using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.   Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.  You can then add broadband once you have the line up and running.

Message 5 of 5

@licquoricewrote:

BT only offer 24 month contracts.

No, they've done 12 month offers for a few months now, students can also have 9 month deals but the student offers need veirified during the order process.

If you want a 12 month broadband offer the page is here > 12 month broadband deals