cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Not seeing any faster speed - how do I know if Infinity is active?

If you'd only post the hh5 stats as requested we'do be able to answer your question straight away.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 20

If you'd only post the hh5 stats as requested we'd be able to answer your question straight away.
0 Ratings
charliemoores
Beginner
Message 13 of 20

Sorry, I'm not being awkward - I create podcasts and I had two interviews over Skype at set times this afternoon. I just wanted to get them done first...I will get onto the info you need right now. Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
charliemoores
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

Hh stats

Bt Broadband Availability Checker.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

Well you are definitely on Infinity but your download speed is at the bottom end of where it could be and your upload is very poor. You only have an uptime of 14 hours, is that due to a deliberate action or the line dropping? Can you repeat the tests at the test socket of the master socket including a speed test and also do a quiet line test (dial 17070) to see if your line is noisy, again from the test socket.

0 Ratings
charliemoores
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Thanks for tge redpobse. Re 14 hours: could the reason be Infinity was activated early this morning? We've not turned anything off and we've not had connection problems we're aware of. Noise test was quiet, virtually no background noise at all. Apologies, what is 'test socket of the master socket'? Is that where the line enters the house? Thanks again for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

The test socket is behind the bottom half of the faceplate of your master socket. By connecting to the test socket you are eliminating your internal wiring.

Image result for master socket

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 20

Regarding your original question:

If you look further down in the hub help info it should show the protocol in use.

FTTC Infinity uses VDSLx which is an implementation of standard 'ITU-T G.993.x'. Can you see that mentioned?

Standard broadband uses ADSLx which is an implementation of standard 'ITU-T G.992.x'.

So G.993 equals Infinity.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 20

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 20

That's line 24 "Modulation"
0 Ratings