cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staceh
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

OMG - Again, your seriously taking the mickey.

Previous thread and complaint - https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Unreal-Service-just-unreal/m-p/1650726/high...

Now,

For the last 3 days I've been having intermittant internet, it can drop 3-4 times in 15 minutes so its obviously unuseable, not been a huge issue, been out etc, saw a man at the box figured he was fixing stuff.

Today, children trying to watch netflix at the weekend, using wifi etc, up and down, totally useless, called BT customer services.

1400, called - got through, helpful lady in lincoln passed me through to the dreaded 'technical' help desk, they put me on hold, cut me off after 17 minutes.

Rinse repeat, getting irritated now.  another 30 minutes of messing around, sitting on hold, I get told it'll be at least 72 hours before a engineer can come out to me, I tell them this is unacceptable, to me this is, 72 hours for a broken system that they want me to pay for in 9 days time.  I ask to escalate, I get passed from pillar to post through some badly trained and in one example very rude department, eventually I end up with customer care who ask me my account number/address/ etc for the umpteenth time, I reply with 'what again', little toad on the phone says theres no need to be rude, and hangs up.

I bet my call path through the departments has not been logged, there will be no accountability for the uselessness of the staff, or that last little toad that just needs a slap.

BT kindly get in touch, I'm sick to death of you, this needs dealing with today.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Staceh
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: OMG - Again, your seriously taking the mickey.

C'mon mods, I' know you've been on.

I'm also supposed to recieve a text apparently, nothing, nada, zip, exactly the same amount of suprise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Unfortunately, the target for residential customers is for Openreach to investigate faults within 2 working days of the fault report being made.

Sometimes they get to it the next day.  Sometimes they don't.  Sometimes they investigate, find that it's a bigger problem, and it takes longer to fix.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Also the mods cannot get Openreach out any quicker the you phoning in to the helpdesk once they post their contact link it is going to take the 3/5 working days to get back to you and then arranging an engineer if needed

As already posted you have been given Openreach's fault response time residential customers will get no faster service

f
0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

The only way I got any joy at all last time was through this forum.

Last time it took from ordering the service in May to August before I had a reliable connection, despite the first engineer diagnosing correctly the fault, it took a further 5 engineer visits before I got a sensible one, and only then because the guy used to work for me!

BT had a little man playing with our local green box 3 days ago, the day after I told them I'd be moving house.

Since then, my connection has been less than useless.

I would end my contract with BT But I get hung up on everytime I call and mention it.

Total and utter joke, the response times, the customer mis-services.   I run a helpdesk, I have 2 hours to fix a 'system down', this would be classed as system down!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Staceh,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your connection. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you calls were hung up on. I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. If a fault has already been reported, I might not be able to get it repaired any quick as what @Ectophile has said is correct and it takes Openreach up to 2 working days to investigate a fault.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I would love to, cannot see the link, yes I'm logged in.

PaddyB | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status

Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search searchBtn.png
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

We would really appreciate it, if you could take a few minutes to complete our ‘MyBT feedback survey’. Please see here for more info, MyBT feedback survey

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Staceh,

If you click on my username you'll see the "Contact The Mods" link in the "About Me" section of my profile.

If you are on a mobile device, you'll need to switch to the full version of the site.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Staceh
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Track faults

Sorry, it looks like something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh..... Theres a suprise, somethings not working.  Now I cannot view the fault tracking, because its got a fault.

0 Ratings