cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: ONT installation - can they run the cable through my loft?

Go to solution
Actually they were Kelly Communications people who offered to go into my loft🤔
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
I think as has been observed many times before - the quality and quantity of service can be very variable.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@stevebrassAnd? Show me a case where they actually have.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

@stevebrassAnd? Show me a case where they actually have.

I didn't say there was a case. But in the context of a person asking about the extent of what contractors and OR staff will do, the information that Kelly's staff offered to go into the loft is relevant.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

AFAIK OR's H&S rules do not allow an engineer to go into the loft space. Any injury sustained in doing so would not be covered. What an independant contractor wishes to do is immaterial.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Openreach Engineers are allowed in lofts providing they’re boarded, with the boards being secured to the joists and not just a few old cupboard doors chucked down. 

At the end of the day though it is up to the Engineer in question as to whether he or she is willing to work in them.