cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

ONT replacement

Hello,

Recently upgraded to 900+mb full fibre from 300mb Full Fibre.

My personal router has an SFP 10g connector and would like to utilise this, i have seen that BT are rolling out 10g Nokia ONT's on new builds, and i am not fond of using the Hawaii 1G ONT within my home, are we able to get a replacement upon request? or replace it ourselves somehow? 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: ONT replacement

unless the ONT is faulty I cannot see BT/openreach agreeing to replace it and certainly you can't replace it yourself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Disgrace

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

You still wouldn't be able to use your 10G SFP with the Nokia as the interface to your router WAN is copper Ethernet not fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

I can use sfp to ethernet 10g adapter easily.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hmm, that's a good idea, convert an electrical signal to an optical signal for about 6" and then back to electrical again.

You can't use a Nokia ONT with an Huawei OLT anyway.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Don't message if you want to post drivel.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Please explain which part of my post is drivel.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@licquorice  posted

You can't use a Nokia ONT with an Huawei OLT anyway.

Which is FACT.!!

@Snoozer 

You need to brush up on FACT'S before you post anymore drivel.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 10 of 15

ONT’s aren’t interchangeable like they were on FTTC. I’m afraid if if you’re on an ECI Head End then you can’t use a Nokia ONT or vice versa.

They are bringing out a new Huawei ONT that is about the same size of the Nokia but the Technology inside is still Huawei. The only reason for changing the Huawei ONT is to remove the TELE1 Port as Openreach are soon to get rid of the FVA Service.

0 Ratings