cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

ORDI / Open Reach Data Integrity issue

Go to solution

The ORDI issue appears to crop up a few times so hoping someone can signpost me to the correct part of BT

Issue:

Wanting to change BB provider or at least check the offers before making a decision.

Have been told that there is no broadband at the address despite paying for / using it for 4 years. 

Problem appears to be that the BT information and the OpenReach information are different and that an ORDI request needs to be put through from BT to OR to make the change.

What has been done so far:

Called BT customer service but they could not identify the person/department within BT that does the change.

Checked the forums which appear to be resolved by a mod or not resolved at all

Looking for:

Someone that knows the ORDI change process or can suggest where next to look

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: ORDI / Open Reach Data Integrity issue

Go to solution

@emanresu 

Please can you confirm that you are a current BT Retail phone and broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Yes. Both for 4 years.
It's was a new build so there may have been legacy address issues.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @emanresu, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. As you are a BT customer we can deal with correcting your address record. Please can you confirm if you have a Fibre To The Premises connection?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
I believe so but how would I check this?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Have used the BT Broadband availability checker and it says

".. Our records show the following FTPP etc."

So I guess it has
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

If the checker gives you a result then an ORDI isn't required as the database is correct.

Having FTTP could be the issue as not all ISP's are providing FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Full Text as follows

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
WBC FTTP Up to 1000 Up to 220 -- Available KCI2 Assure
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port is available. Network is at capacity so a new ONT cannot be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

.... So I've been in contact with the wrong ISP's
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
I'm going to mark this one as "Solved" as doing a check with FTPP providers comes up successfully.

So for all those ORDI questions that come up, using the BT Broadband availability checker should be one of the first steps.

Thanks for the comments/help
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @emanresu  that could be the case with the providers you are checking with, but if you want to check your address record is correct call in and speak with the FTTP team and they'll be able to check for you and if needed correct it.

cheers

John

0 Ratings