cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KayW
Beginner
Message 21 of 27

Re: ORDI REQUEST

Now can you confirm that my only option is to buy a phone line for £19.99 a month. Once it is activated you will request an ORDI that will allow providers to see our flat.

Once that has all happened can we shop else where for our broad band and cancel the phone line or must we stay with you. I say this as we are looking for basic broadband for 12 months which isn't something you offer as we are in our flat for only 12 months.

I do not understand how in 2018 with so many new builds around, how the system for getting broadband has not become any easier or efficient then 15 years ago.

Please can you clarify our options as we are getting extremely frustrated being run round in circles.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

if you intend to use a different ISP and not BT. Then you should contact them and get them to raise the ORDI noT BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
KayW
Beginner
Message 23 of 27

But I hve been told by BT, that only YOU can request the ORDI so how can I get them to do it.

Even if lets say another ISP can request an ORDI, the other ISP's bar Virgin use your BT line, and if you say I must first attain my BT phone line before an ORDI can be made how does me requesting an ORDI from another provider even make sense. I still have to get your line off you first. Honestly this is becoming ridiculous.

Seriously does anyone here know what they are doing or saying because every time i speak to someone they either contradict the previous person or even themselves!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 27

@KayW wrote:
Now can you confirm that my only option is to buy a phone line for £19.99 a month. Once it is activated you will request an ORDI that will allow providers to see our flat.

Once that has all happened can we shop else where for our broad band and cancel the phone line or must we stay with you. I say this as we are looking for basic broadband for 12 months which isn't something you offer as we are in our flat for only 12 months.

I do not understand how in 2018 with so many new builds around, how the system for getting broadband has not become any easier or efficient then 15 years ago.

Please can you clarify our options as we are getting extremely frustrated being run round in circles.

As @imjolly has said, you can order a phone line from any Service Provider, it does not have to be from BT Retail.

Whichever provider you choose, they will be able to raise an ORDI request to Openreach.

You would then be able to order broadband from them.

If you choose BT Retail, then you are committed to a 12 month line rental agreement. If you cancel before then, you will have to pay cancellation charges.

This forum cannot help with other providers, only BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

There is no such thing as a BT Phone Line, all lines are owned by Openreach, who then rent them out to whichever Service Provider requests one. There are lots of Service Providers.

If any other provider tells you anything different, they do not know what they are talking about.

Some providers just cannot be bothered, and are only interested in taking on existing customers from another provider. So choose whoever you wish.

0 Ratings
KayW
Beginner
Message 26 of 27

Ok, I mean I do hope you are correct as i have been told by other BT employees that BT are the only ones that can request the ORDI. So I will try and do it as you say and hope it works. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

All ISP  have the same access to openreach as set out by OFCOM. If another ISPtells you different then I would go somewhere else that tells you the truth

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings