cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Offcom Minimum Speed?

I've got an ongoing saga with BT and their broadband.

I ordered Unlimited Fibre Broardband december 2015 and have an email sayoing I could expect speeds of 71-80Mb with a garanteed minimum of 63Mb, after initally very slow speeds (<30Mb) which was solved by an Openrach visit to the street cab due to a faulty port, speeds were then hovering around the 71Mb mark which I was more than happy wioth.

Over the last 18 months speeds have dropped  to less than 46Mb, The HH5 is synched at around 50-57Mb. I have had a numb er of conversations with BT which each time tests the line, sends a engineer to  the residence and then escillates to Openreach.

Talking to the engineer this morning after he's confiormed there is no issue within the property (even though I was promised an openreach engineer on the phone) he's again escilalted to Openreach and said the Point of sale price is 63Mb but the Offcom Minimum is 56 which is what the Home Hub has synched at.  Sounds like BS to me, has anyone else heard of this minimum? Where do I go next? I  

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Offcom Minimum Speed?

The Ofcom thing is total BS.

However, it is possibly that your service has deteriorated due to the effects of crosstalk as more customers have taken up service on your cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

From HH Helpdesk Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 20.37.16.png

0 Ratings
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

From the Wholesale checker Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 20.39.41.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Your connection time is only 8hrs is that due to manual reset or hub dropping connection?

your current speed is virtually at attainable and above handback speed so unlikely BT will help

however if you can get a stable connection and there is no line noise then G.INP should be activated by DLM which will drop noise margin to 3db and give a bit more speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Its only 8 hours as the Square something engineer turned up the morning and installed a HH6 for testing purposes and got the same speeds. I had him put back my HH5 anfter confirming it wasnt to fault. 

Whats this Offcom minimum speed then? 

Heres my email with a garanteed speed of 63Mb, could I hold them to that speed? 

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 20.55.11.png

Would I be better going for a 50Mb package and saving some money?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

As far as I can remember there is a Minimum Line Speed Requirement but don’t go wetting your pants as it’s something like 24kbps.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

moving to the infinity 1 speed of 55mb would be ok provided you are happy to drop you up speed from 17mb down to 10mb

0 Ratings