cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

Official complaint unresolved

Hi any suggestions about what to do when BT ignore an official complaint?  Should I contact OFCOM? 

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Official complaint unresolved

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 25

Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

@Cantona12,

There is a good chance that the Community may be able to help if the complaint is anyway fault or service related.

Can you let us more about the complaint?

SP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 25

Made official complaint two months ago and asked it be dealt with in writing even via email. No contact from BT until I received text message from BT today saying they were trying to phone me yet no recent calls

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 25

@Cantona12 

The last time I had a complaint with BT about my mobile I asked for all communication to be via email. Like with you they called me but explained that it was easier to discuss the complaint on the phone and were happy to put everything in writing after. Kinda made sense rather than bouncing emails back and forward for a few days.

What is your complaint about if you don't mind me asking?

There is a lot of smart guys/ladies on here who might be able to help once they know more about the complaint especially if it's service-related. 

SP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 25

Broadband speed and neighbours getting 3 to 4 times my broadband speed.  Also BT offering deals to me which they couldn't possibly provide which I believe companies have been warned about this behaviour

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

@Cantona12

I wouldn't go by the speeds that your neighbours are getting as everyone's line will be different. Quality of cabling,length of line and could even be a different cabinet or exchange. 

Do you know your minimum guaranteed speed that was quoted at point of sale? It would show on your original order confirmation. 

Can you post your hub stats from your hub manager? 

SP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

Speed is 1~2 they claim 6. Rural area. Neighbours are 12 and 18 speed. BT lack of contact the issue. Will just go to of com 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 25

It's possible that you are getting 6mbps to the hub but only getting 1-2mbps on the device you are using if you are working on wireless? 

If you pop up the hub stats we can see the speeds to the hub etc and go from there? 

If the speeds are less than the minimum guaranteed then BT should either fix or let you go without charge.  

SP

0 Ratings