cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 11

Re: Old BT Modem died today, HomeHub 6 now connected but soooooo slow.......please help

Thought I would update the developments so far.

BT sent a landline engineer yesterday as I qualified for very urgent service restoration - he discovered a heavily corroded line connection at the pole and sorted this out quite quickly so Dialtone is restored and landline operating perfectly. Also installed a new master socket in the house. All good.

Initially the HH connected, blue light, all good.  Then the trouble started  - drop after drop after drop.  Reset the Hub fully - connected for a minute or two at most before starting to constantly drop connection.  Back on the phone - line engineer said he couldn't understand it as the line was now perfect and I would need to call in again about the broadband.

The call centre people could not even run their tests initially and then eventually eported over 116 drops in an hour and offered a Broadband engineer to visit today.   Will also receive their Halo Unlimited data 4G hub today apparently - I had agreed to upgrade at an extra £2 a month to get this. 

I then borrowed an old router and old BT modem, cobbled them together, and heyho - they work perfectly!!!  No dropped connections!!!  Been superfacs for our area (around 30Mbps) in fact. 

Need to return borrowed gear today so hoping the engineer has a new hub on his van as that is all I need!!  my HH is a 2016 model - what are BT providing now?   Plus having the Halo thingy sounds a good plan if the service ever collapses again. And the bonus is I saw they are offering unlimited mobile data upgrades for NHS employees so I ordered a SIM only deal for £6 a month which will have unlimited data............