cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

On going issue 2 years and counting...

Go to solution

I've had an issue with my Internet for around 2 years. It keeps dropping connection various times usually between 5pm and 12am. The router reboots and cycles through the colours purple /orange then blue. It never goes green which bt say it isn't the router rebooting more the router is looking for a connection. Anyways... They replaced the router replaced all the way to the exchange pretty much including connections along the way. But still it persists. Bt are now saying that it's a WiFi problem... Can WiFi cause my router to loose its connection to the Internet?  Only myself and wife are connected to our router via WiFi and 2 devices ethernet cabled up. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: On going issue 2 years and counting...

Go to solution

Reading your old posts on same subject openreach appear to have done everything including a different line to your home and the problem still happens. Is it possible there is some electrical intervened in your home which is only in used between 6/12pm which may be causing the disconnections

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
I've had Rien engineers and special faults investigators to my house and they made me switch everything on (literally everything) to test for interference.. All come bk good apparently. Engineer said nothing in my house would cause it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

You need to establish whether its your Internet activity which is causing the home hub to drop the connection. Excessive uploads can cause the hub to disconnect if the input buffer overflows.

See if the problem occurs with no Internet activity, or perhaps see if the problem occurs when specific programs are run on a device, perhaps uploading video files, or emails with large attachments.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Nope it can go off at any point whether myself or my wife are using or not like just now, neither rising our phones just watching TV.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Have to tried leaving the home hub plugged into the test socket on the master phone socket for a couple of days to see if it still gives problems?

This particular one is known to give problems if there is any vibration nearby.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
I will try that do I need to use a micro filter with the master socket?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@Garethreed1 wrote:
I will try that do I need to use a micro filter with the master socket?

Yes, you would need one to convert the phone connection to the RJ11.

If you have that same NTE, then connect it up like this.

Keith_Beddoe_1-1617562446451.jpeg

If the disconnections stop, then its possibly the NTE connection, as mentioned here.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

People walking nearby the NTE, can cause the disconnections.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

I have one of the new openreach sockets for few years and vibration nearby will have no affect on the connection you would physically need to knock the connection to dislodge it from it's seating

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
I have a master socket 5c but only one slot to connect a micro filter into there no master socket inside separate from the normal socket
0 Ratings