cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

On wrong ip profile?

Hi, I joined bt a couple of weeks ago, I went with the fiber 1 package. 

My broadband has been connected for 3 weeks now and won’t go sync beyond 40/10, looking at the max data speed in the router I should be able to get the full or near 55/10. Is my line capped or on the wrong profile?

Mc_Donnie_0-1596470485238.jpeg

Mc_Donnie_4-1596470622917.jpeg

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: On wrong ip profile?

Looks like you have been put on the essential package instead of fibre 1.  Your connection speed is very short have you been having problem with hub dropping connection or manually resetting hub to try and improve your connection?

any line noise.  Dial 17070 option 2. Should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

The router rebooted after a firmware update and it looks like it also rebooted end of last week. 
I have not done a quite line test, I will grab a cordless phone and have a listen. 

here is the router status from today. 

Mc_Donnie_0-1596480192611.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Almost certainly been mis provisioned as 10/40 rather than fibre1

Message 5 of 10

I have asked forum mods to help and see if they can get you on to your correct package of fibre 1

they will post here but they are busy and could take a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 10

Thank you for your help and the quick response, I look forward to hearing from the mods.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Mc_Donnie and thanks for posting.

We'll need to take a closer look at this for you so I've dropped you a private message. Send over your details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Just an update, I checked the router today and no change to the data speed, I decided to turn the router off for a bit and back on to see if it would sync at a higher speed but still at 40/10. 

I will check again tomorrow 

3DE213E9-299F-4690-865F-EED5CC56A474.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Did you send the information to the forum mods ?  As they are busy it can take more than just a couple of days before they get back to you

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I replied to the mods message and got a phone call yesterday from the bt community team. Later I got an email from bt saying they are looking into my complaint, so I guess the ball is rolling. 
bt community is going to ring back on Wednesday to see if any change has happened. 

0 Ratings