Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
philrm77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Ongoing Broadband Fault

I have an ongoing problem with my broadband, first reported on the 27th June, where the hub will not connect. It constantly just flashes orange.

I have had three engineer visits but so far none of them have been able to fix it. The third engineer came today and he did actually get it working, but about an hour after he left it went off again and now the hub is again flashing orange and will not connect.

I'm not sure where to go from here - I imagine that BT will want to send a 4th engineer but for one thing I'm not confident that a 4th engineer can fix it if three have failed already, but on top of that my work is getting annoyed with me keep taking days off, so I'm really going to struggle to keep being here for the engineers!

Is there anything else I can do now or do I just need to keep having engineers round until one manages to fix it?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: Ongoing Broadband Fault

I'll ask one of the mods to drop in on this as you seem to be getting nowhere. Once they ask you to fill in the form it may take up to 3 days for them to get back to you but they will get you sorted and stay with you until resolved. Don't ring the helpdesk while waiting for the mods.

philrm77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Thank you, I'm actually on with live chat at the moment and they want to book another engineer, should I hold off on that for now?

0 Ratings
philrm77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Sorry, the live chat had already booked the engineer by the time I posted that last message, so I guess my best option is to see if the engineer on Monday has any more luck.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

The mods would have booked an engineer in any case.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 19

The mods will still post here to get you into the queue and most likely ask you to post back once the engineer has been. If you still have a problem they will take it up for you and get it sorted.

If they ask you to fill in the contact form still do it.

philrm77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Ok thanks very much, I appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Hi @philrm77

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband and that it has taken so many engineers so far and it's still not sorted.  I understand that an engineer is scheduled in tomorrow so keep us posted how things are going and if you are still no further forward we'll pick it up.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Did the Engineers say why they couldn’t get it working?

I find it odd they’d close off the job without getting it working and not giving an explanation like the Fibre Card in the DSLAM being faulty, which a Service Delivery CSE wouldn’t be able to fix, that would require an NGA Engineer, they're the ones who maintain the DSLAMS.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 19

If I knew which exchange and cab I could check on that.

At present their are only 3 new incidents and 2 outstanding for the UK nationwide.

0 Ratings