cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Ongoing Broadband Outage - Terrible Experience

Looks like an issue between Headend and SASA. That's a network fault. Could be repaired over the weekend. You being the only one on the SASA is why it hasn't been picked up earlier.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Problem when it comes to FTTP the Majority of the Service Delivery (Division who Installs/Fixes Faults) Engineers who do FTTP have only been trained to work from the CBT to the ONT. Basically string up a cable and Splice it.

The older FTTP Trained Engineers who started life doing Blown Fibre are usually the only ones trained to deal with Network Faults between the Splitter and ONT.

If said Engineer who visited doesn’t have the skill set to fix it, he or she should arrange with their Local FTTP Coord Team to send someone who can.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Yeah thanks for the replies both - I do feel a little better that there's some possible explanation emerging beyond "the light is red". I'm still annoyed that we could've established it earlier but, we're here now. Ultimately I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time because it's basically rubbish for everyone right now. I'm sure I'll be up and running at some point soon. It's just the overall service experience has been very frustrating up to now. The engineer, I should say, was very friendly and helpful, and sympathetic to my situation. And one guy I've dealt with on the phone (who escalated the case) has also gone out of his way to try and get it resolved. So, some positives I suppose!

Anyway thank you for the added insight - have good weekends and I'll update this story as it goes.

0 Ratings