cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Ongoing nightmare - Failed FTTP Install

Anyone from BT about that can actually help, provide honest information and get some form of tangible update from OpenReach? 

Exactly a week ago I had an engineer visit to carry out a "managed migration" of my current FTTC and voice services to FTTP with digital voice. When it was sold I was advised that my current services would not cease until the FFTP install was complete and working. Despite having light on the circuit the ONT was failing to auth on the network. After multiple calls the install was forwarded as the engineer was advised that my splitter node was miss-routed. I was advised that as the install was not complete nothing would stop working and that a FND engineer would be dispatched within 48 hours to resolve the issue. In my heart I knew that this would not be the case and after speaking with Plusnet (current ISP and BT Business) on Saturday morning I was advised that they were showing a cease for the Friday just gone and I would need to speak to BT to hold the cease. Spoke to BT who advised Plusnet service defiantly wasn't ceasing. Saturday 7pm, copper goes off, internet and phone cease. Sunday speak to BT Sales who advise that the issue has been escalated and will be fixed by Thursday at the latest but someone will call me. On Tuesday follow up to be advised that actually an ETA to fix will be forthcoming Thursday not fixed by Thursday. Thursday comes, no update but will hear from someone first thing Friday. Well here we are and no update. 

I have been advised that as the line has not been commissioned it isn't a "fault". 

I have been provided an emergency 4G mini wifi point but it has poor signal, high latency and I am struggling to work. 

To top it off I am registered Disabled and struggle significantly with my mobility and rely on the internet to keep in touch with people. 

Any guidance / help greatly appreciated!

Matt, a frustrated, hopefully soon to be, BT customer!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ongoing nightmare - Failed FTTP Install

@matty6678 

As you are still with Plusnet, this forum would not be able to help, as it has no connection to Openreach.

As you are moving to BT Business, you would need to post on the BT Business forum, as this is the residential one.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi Keith, Thanks for your response. The FTTP order is with BT Retail (Plusnet are the loosing ISP and a BT Business to boot). The order is stuck with BT retail and going nowhere. I was hoping some one could help point me in the right direction to escalate as BT Sales seem to be both getting the run around and giving me the run around?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@matty6678 wrote:
Hi Keith, Thanks for your response. The FTTP order is with BT Retail (Plusnet are the loosing ISP). The order is stuck with BT retail and going nowhere. I was hoping some one could help point me in the right direction to escalate as BT Sales seem to be both getting the run around and giving me the run around?

You have said that its a BT Business connection, so it would not be BT Retail. BT Retail only deal with residential connections. See my last post.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Keith, possibly poor use of language. I am a domestic customer. I have indicated "with Plusnet (current ISP and BT Business)" as in Plusnet are a BT (owned) business. Not that I am with BT Business
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

if you have placed an order with BT for FTTP then you need to phone FTTP Team  08005874787  as forum cannot help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@matty6678 wrote:
Keith, possibly poor use of language. I am a domestic customer. I have indicated "with Plusnet (current ISP and BT Business)" as in Plusnet are a BT (owned) business. Not that I am with BT Business

I understand what you mean now.

All you can do is to ring the FTTP team as suggested by @imjolly 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi imjolly,
Is there any escalation process / phone number as the FFTP Team on this number can't even help. They are, literally, just blaming Openreach?

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

no they are the 'go to' for FTTP connections

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

If you’re looking for an FND Engineer you’ll usually find them at Costa Coffee. 

Be quick though, they usually knock off work at 3pm.

0 Ratings