Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knickam
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Only House in Village that can not get an infinity connection

Hello,

I stay in a small rural village that has its own local telephone exchange.

Until a few months ago there were no BT cabinets in the village, Only the exchange so I take it that would mean everybody would have had exchange only connection, Please correct me if this is possibly not the case.

So a new cabinet has been installed at the roadside about 30meters from the exchange to allow fibre access.

Some of my friends and neighbours in the village have now got a fibre connection.

I how ever am still getting a message that i have an exchange only line so fibre is not available.

On checking the digital scotland website and going through every address in the village it appears I am the only one that can not get a fibre connection, Even the local sewage pumping station can get it!

I live in a new house and had problems getting broadband originally (3 years ago). 

The phone worked no problem but I did not get broadband until 3 months later.

BT put it down to a clerical error in the orriginal order!

So could my problem be another clerical error or am I the only one with a connection to the exchange?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Only House in Village that can not get an infinity connection

try contacting openreach and see if problem with their database  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

What does this page say, remember to edit out phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

0 Ratings
knickam
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

This is what I am getting

Connection.JPG

0 Ratings
knickam
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

I have contacted openreach on that link already and just get stonewalled that it is not available and when I ask for an expanation, I just get it is not available

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

you have edited off the line about the dslchecker results - can you add

you need to persevere with the form as many other have done and you will get a reponse from an actual person and not just the auto response   there is no other avenue to contact openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

If its a new build on a brownfield site, then its quite likely that there would be an existing EO cable to that site which would have been used by the previous owners of the site.

This was very common practice as it was more economical to run a singe cable direct to a DP on the site, and then distribute to businesses.

If the site is then used for housing, the existing cable would be used for the houses.

0 Ratings
knickam
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

@imjolly wrote:

you have edited off the line about the dslchecker results - can you add

you need to persevere with the form as many other have done and you will get a reponse from an actual person and not just the auto response   there is no other avenue to contact openreach

Sorry, Not sure what you mean,

This is the entire page

Connection.JPG

0 Ratings
knickam
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

If its a new build on a brownfield site, then its quite likely that there would be an existing EO cable to that site which would have been used by the previous owners of the site.

This was very common practice as it was more economical to run a singe cable direct to a DP on the site, and then distribute to businesses.

If the site is then used for housing, the existing cable would be used for the houses.

It was a new build on a greenfield site.

My cable was run underground and connected to an existing BT manhole at the side of the lane which is on my property.

I think the main BT cable runs all the way down the lane with various manholes with cables going up poles and connecting to other properties

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

It was top line showing New Aberdour exchange and no cab number

you need to get openreach to update the database

0 Ratings