Message 11 of 13

Re: Only House in Village that can not get an infinity connection

@imjolly wrote:

It was top line showing New Aberdour exchange and no cab number

you need to get openreach to update the database

Telephone Number ************ on Exchange NEW ABERDOUR is served by Cabinet 1

Thankyou for your help,

This it what my neighbours number say's

So you think it is a database error, I will mention this to the openreach.

Would it be worth going through BT to try and get it looked at?

0 Ratings
gw1ll1ams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

No, as BT are only a customer of Openreach like Sky Talk Talk are etc.  BT helpdesks will just advise you that Infinity is not available to you as they will run a line check and that feeds off of the Openreach data it holds for your phone number/address. 

You're best off to keep raising the forms to Openreach, after a few times you do get past the automated responses and onto a human triage team.    This has been my recent experience as my address was incorrect on the OR database, eventually after weeks of raising the form, it was reviewed and changed. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

With that expected ADSL2+ speed, I would imagine you are quite close to the exchange an there could easily be an existing EO cable running to another location, and some spare pairs have been split off at a nearby manhole, and they are feeding your property, and possibly others that you are unaware of.

Really, Infinity is of most benefit to people who are a long distance from the exchange, and get a very low speed.

With what you are getting on ADSL2+, I would not even consider Infinity, as quite often the throughput during peak times, can be less than ADSL2+.