cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moosmummie
Message 1 of 9

Open DNS on BT Infinity

Does anyone have a clue how to make this work? It's invaluable to me and I can't change the DNS settings on the BT Infinity hub?

THanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Open DNS on BT Infinity

You will not be able to change DNS settings on the BT Home Hub 3. Unfortunetly. The HH3 is locked down to BT, so I am guessing that only BT services can be used on the hub. If you can/could you could manually set the DNS address on each device that connects, or you could buy a third party router such as a Netgear or D-Link, they will allow you to change the DNS settings.

0 Ratings
satdudeuk
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

what a bout home hub 4 this is a joke cant even put open dns on it
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

I am not sure if the Home Hub 4 includes this. I don't have a HH4 with me but a user called jonew has a homehub 4. Ask him about it, but I doubt you will be able to change DNS settings on that as well, the BT Buissness hubs do allow you to change DNS settings but your going to have to buy it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

You can't change the DNS settings on the HH3 but you could change it on your PC settings, which then overide any router DNS settings.

0 Ratings
satdudeuk
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

i have the cable belkin n1 router i put my open dns on that works fine think im going to use this when i get my infin installed
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I'm sure it will be easy to set up BT Infinity with it. BT even have a help article about it.

Link: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7447/~/how-do-i-set-up-my-non-bt-router%3F

0 Ratings
jedpause
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

But I think the OP was talking about using a HH3 device, not an own router

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@jedpause wrote:

But I think the OP was talking about using a HH3 device, not an own router

You are right, confusion because of other poster saying what he used and was going to use!

0 Ratings