cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoLeViP
Message 1 of 4

Open Port 7547 on smarthub

Running external scan on my external IP, I have an open port tcp7547

After doing some research, it appears this is a (sneaky) remote maintenance port that some ISP's open on their routers.

this port should not be open ! (if anything, router side this port could open on demand for maintenance/firmware upgrade, etc.. but definatly should not be permanatly open !!)

anyone have an idea how , if even possible, to close this port ?

I have done the usual checking in the advanced options, checking port forwarding, etc ...  but seems BT have completely hidden this away from us commoners!

Also, if all else fails, has anyone tried replacing the smart hub with a thirparty router? is there any routers compatible with FTTP ? and I guess in the event it would go against t's and c's, I guess there is a strong argument about the vulnerability / security risk of having a permanantly open port on the provided router.

...any thoughts ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Open Port 7547 on smarthub

Nothing you can do with the hub. If you are sure you have FTTP then any router with a WAN port can be used. If FTTC, you need a VDSL modem/router.

0 Ratings
MoLeViP
Message 3 of 4

defintalty was FTTP as i was originally on infinity4 FTTP 330/30

just recently was offered 330/50 and told it was 'ultra fast 2'  (g.fast???)  , but i havent changed any hardware and had no engineer visit for the upgrade. They even sent me another identical hub (HH6 ?) so i havent even used it.

internet is fine, usually get 300down and now get 51up and speedtest ping of 6ms

just my issue is the open port

anyone know anything about the g.fast compatible Asus 88U, if it will work and if os, how good is it ? i read some users have issues with IPTV ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you have an ONT (optical modem) you don't need a G.Fast compatible device, you just need a bog standard standalone router.

0 Ratings