cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Open Reach Database - Fibre Availability Not Updated

Go to solution

Dear Community - hoping someone can save my Lockdown-Life with 2 homeschooling kids..I have seen some old posts with Mods stepping in to help get an update to the OpenReach Database Status so I can order Fibre.

My property (under previous owner) did not have a Phone Line installed when the Green Fibre cabinet was installed on the Telegraph Pole literally 1 metre from my front door. I can touch the box / smell the cable from inside my garden wall even!

So on the "Fibre Availability Checker" from Open Reach every other Property in vicinity have Fibre (connected or available to order), but my property does not have it listed as available to order - due to it not having a Phone Line installed previously. 

I now have a phone line installed (for some months) but the "Fibre Availability" database held I believe by Open Reach doesn't update to show it's available to order. I believe this is known as "Silver Status needs to be updated to Gold Status" reading some other posts. 

Open Reach won't deal with me as a humble residential consumer and BT Sales can't order until the DB is updated. 

Can someone advise how to "provoke" an update to the Fibre Availability Database (achieve the famed Gold Status?) now that I have had a Phone Line installed and am a BT Broadband (ADSL >:O( ) customer? 

Home schooling my kids and my wife's sanity is at stake >:O) ! Thanks !

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Open Reach Database - Fibre Availability Not Updated

Go to solution

I’ll be interested to see the offiicial response to this. From my experience which was very similar neither BT, nor Open Reach did anything to help. My situation was that for 7+ years I had been a fibre broadband user and somewhere/somehow a record was amended to show that I couldn’t have the service. When my contract expired in Dec I spent many weeks with both BT and Open reach complaints teams trying to resolve the fact that no one (not just BT) would offer me anything other than a 2mb copper line service as there was no way I could have fibre. This was not good when I, my wife and two kids are at home most of the time working or streaming. In the end BT customer services just gave up and continued charging me what I was being charged pre expiry and I was promised it would be unlikely that they would disconnect me as they had no idea why my property was not showing as being “enabled” as clearly I had it before. Now I have poor speeds and I am trying to complain, guess what I’m struggling to get help. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@MFCWelc 

Is you address correct on the Royal Mail database?

if you are an existing BT customer do BT have your correct address on your bills?

enter your phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hello! Thanks for replying, I have deep hopes we can solve this.

Yes The Royal Mail DB is correctly listed. 

I am a BT Customer (Landline and ADSL) and have the correct Address on my bill. 

The Checker results are as follows: 

MFCWelc_0-1592330050661.png

Thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

You've cut off the exchange and cab number.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hello pippincp - apologies, schoolboy error. Here I try again (assume Phone # ok to blank?)

MFCWelc_0-1592333846403.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Your cab is. Not fibre enabled

what do you mean with cabinet on the pole?

do you neighbours have fibre possible FTTP not FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hello imjolly, Thanks again for the reply. I am getting a sinking feeling as I realise I am learning FTTP is not FTTC and maybe even my Green cabinet is not what the BT Engineer said it was when they came to connect me! So a range of my immediate neighbours have this status in the broadbandchecker DB and indeed it says FTTP on each of them. 

MFCWelc_0-1592335507248.png

Meanwhile the Green Cabinet in question is this green thing on the Telegraph Pole in a photo I will try and post next (file size challenge). BT Engineer connecting the phone line stated it was the Fibre junction?

I am happy to go "FTTP" if I can't have "FTTC" - how might I do that? ..... I just need "F"      >:O) 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I would try phoning the FTTP team on 08005874787 and see if they can help

FTTC is a non starter

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Fibre on Pole.png

Per Above....Fibre Cabinet? or misplaced torpedo?

0 Ratings