cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Open order broadband not working

I waited 4 weeks for the broadband to work. When they came to doing it they said there was a fault so it never went on. A week later after much shouting it came on out of the blue. Then of course it goes off again!!! After literally hours on the phone trying to get through they apparently fast tracked it, the lady from connections said they were in Dundee office and 'don't worry I'm going to sort it'.

It comes on then goes off again. Try and phone the lady from Dundee on the number she gave....its an continuous answer machine!!! Try and track down the Dundee number, NOBODY at BT has even heard of a Dundee office?!?

3 days later, I turn the power on and off and yes the broadband stops working, my devices won't even find it!

So spent 1 hour on the phone trying to get through. I get passed to India, Belfast....then back to India...only for the line to get cut off!!! Do I get called back, obviously not.

IS THERE ANYONE AT BT WHO HAS ANY IDEA HOW TO HELP ME. What do a open order mean, why am I having these problems?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Open order broadband not working

An open order is an order that is no yet completed
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

If you aren't will to help please don't post. I'm after genuine help. Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 15

John was helping, he explained what the open order meant.  You are on a customer forum, where other BT customers , like you, will try to offer assistance.  Like you we don't all work for BT.

Is there noise on your phone line?  Dial 17070 option 2, should be silent using corded phone, slight hum may be apparent via codeless phone.

If noisy call 151 and report the noisy line, don't say anything about broadband.

How long is the connection stable with an ethernet connection to your computer?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Can anybody from BT help me?

I've been passed around the world, India, Belfast, Dundee, keep getting cut off and no one EVER calls me back, so I have to re call and wait another 30-45mins to be connected, then go through all my problems again.

I apparently have an 'open order'. I have a blue light but no devise in my house can find the hub. It's now undiscoverable. Can any one help?
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 6 of 15

Re: Can anybody from BT help me?

Go back to your original post, here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Open-order-broadband-not-working/m-p/168327...

Then please give the information requested,  unfortunately if you don't help us with information then we can't help you.

Have you tried resetting the router?  Push a pin/paperclip into the little hole in the back.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Yes reset the router, the light goes green, orange then blue. But still undiscoverable. What other information do you require?
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 8 of 15

Using the ethernet cable from the router to your computer can you connect to the Hub?

If so how is the internet connection?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 9 of 15

You really should keep this thread in the BT Infinity Speed/Connection Issues section.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

I don't have an Ethernet cable I'm afraid. Can you move the thread to the correct section?
0 Ratings