cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Open order even though I haven't changed anything

Go to solution

Got an email recently saying that " your new bt service is about to start "  even though I haven't asked or changed anything.

The email says

Just a quick note to say your broadband will be up and running tomorrow (18-Oct-2021). It could start any time up to 23:59. Your Digital Voice service will then start up to 30 minutes after that. We'll let you know when they're ready.

Also. In MYBT online, it says an open order.. I haven't ordered anything ?!?!

I didn't ask for digital voice, or for anything to be changed whatsoever. 

I've tried phoning up 150 and i'm getting annoyed because all I can do is hear an automated voice. How do I speak to someone at BT ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Open order even though I haven't changed anything

Go to solution

Hi, @Venomx Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for any concern caused, have you received notifications that you're being switched over to Digital voice tomorrow?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I managed to get through to a friendly person at customer services who  confirmed it's just due to the digital voice and nothing else.

I just got concerned my contract may have been altered or extended.

Thanks !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Venomx Thanks for confirming that, I'm going to feed this back as I've seen another post regarding that email which has caused confusion when no changes are being made to broadband. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I have had the same open order from BT, saying that  I will be transferred to Digital Voice on 25 October, which is O.K. but does that mean BT can open any number of orders even though the customer has not asked for any orders. This begs the question that BT could open an order and charge the customer without their approval.

In the e-mail sent it says "We're moving you on to our Digital Voice service. It should start within 48 hours of 25 Oct 2021.", so does this mean I could be without a landline for 2 days, if so will I be charged for those 2 days.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

the changeover will happen at same toe and you should not drop phone connection just you will need to either use the DV phone or connect your existing phone to phone socket on back of SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings