cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Open reach engineer appointments

Hi 

has anyone else had issues with engineers keeping appointments? I upgraded too fibre 900 on 20th of September 2020 and booked an appointment for the 9 th of October happy days I through ! . Engineer came week later to put fibre cables to my home from green box great !  and that’s when the fun started !!!! My appointment then changed from the 9th of October to the 19th without warning ! Spent an hour or so on phone trying to sort was told it was a computer glitch and would put order through again ! It’s now the 26th of October ive had probably 6 or 7 appointments that keep cancelling I get random dates mid week days and every time I ring up its the same story ! Glitch I’m the system put order through again same thing happens ! Fails ! I’ve spoken to probably 8 different people regarding sorting this open reach computer issue out some ring u back next day our when they say they will others don’t bother ! Do bt have IT to sort problems out ? I have fibre cable to my house ! CHECK! New router CHECK ! Engineer???? Nope ! Everyone knows what the problem is but nobody’s sorting the problem so can finally get engineer appointment! It’s really starting to get on my nerves now how hard can it be to book a appointment?!?!?!?!? ! To rub salt in it bt have charged me for fibre 900 on this months bill ! Wtf ???? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Open reach engineer appointments

Are you phoning the FTTP TEAM who deal with your problem 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi 

I’ve spoken to the full fibre team they just blame openreach and I think it’s bt wholesale or something like that who book appointments! Everyone knows what the problem is but nobody can just book an appointment which you think would be easy ! All I get told is there’s a glitch in the system! If that’s the case why can’t IT fix it so the order goes through ? It’s a long winded dragged out situation I find myself in every time the order goes in for engineer it gets cancelled then have to wait 48 hours for them to try and book another appointment then same thing happens again ! Can’t they just ring up an engineer who’s near me to connect fibre ( Which takes 20 mins to do ) ? Openreach have been on my close twice to connect fibre ! Once to my neighbor on the same day I was meant to have it connected 9th October and week later bloke across the road why couldn’t they just get the engineer to do mine while he was here as they know the problem s they are having ????? The complaint I have ongoing is at managers level now but it’s been over 48 hours since they should of sorted problem and still not heard anything! It’s a joke ! How long do you give them to sort problem before cancelling the whole package with bt 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You can cancel if you want but you are still going to have to wait for the same openreach appointment from another ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi 

what’s the best thing to do ? How can I get this sorted ? They know what the problem is ! How hard is it to just place an order for an engineers appointment manually? Everyone I speak to can see the problem on the system but they keep doing the same thing reordering appointment for it to fail and cancel at the last minute because there’s something stopping it going through ! If you were me what would you do ? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

You mentioned an Engineer came to do some external cabling work first. That would be a Step 1 Activity.

Speak to the FTTP Helpdesk again and ask that they check the Step 1 Activity has been correctly closed off (I’m not saying the Step 1 Engineer is at fault here but a system issue fault).

If the Step 1 Activity hasn’t correctly closed then my understanding is that this will automatically delay/cancel and Step 2 Installation Appointments to stop them failing to provide service on the day.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi thanks for that info will ring them to see if they have signed off first step (activity) and see what happens 

0 Ratings