Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
henry430
Message 1 of 3

Open reach modem and AirPort Extreme

Hi everyone,

I’ve got BT infinity and use a BT openreach DSL modem plugged into an Apple AirPort Extreme for the house.

It’s worked fine for months and for some reason within the past few weeks the connection has been dropping out.

I’ve had BT out who checked everything their end which is fine and the internet does work with a HH5 connected.

However the HH5 range and speed is poor in comparison to the set up I had before so I’d much rather go back to apple.

BT replaced the openreach modem for me with a new one and I have had the AirPort Extreme changed by apple but the same problem is occourring.

The problem seems to be, the AirPort Extreme boots up, I get a green light, then the LAN1 light goes off on the openreach modem causing the AirPort Extreme to restart and then it all begins again. It’s driving me mad.

Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Open reach modem and AirPort Extreme

sorry but if usining modem is airport conencted to wan port?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
henry430
Message 3 of 3

Re: Open reach modem and AirPort Extreme

Yes, the modem is connected to the wan port. The airport boots up, light goes green and then immediately drops and restarts itself
0 Ratings