cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

OpenReach carry SH2?

Does anyone know if OpenReach carry a supply of SH2 with them whilst out and about?

I'm due to have FTTP installed this Wednesday and the SH2 is still stuck in a RoyalMail depot over 200miles away!

BTW:  The sales guy for FFTP told me OpenReach would bring the SH2 with them anyway as no point in posting out ahead because there's nothing I can do with it.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: OpenReach carry SH2?

@The_Bin_Man Unfortunately no Openreach engineer I’ve had visit had them in their van. They're for BT to supply not Openreach. If an understanding engineer did have one they could give you you’d be lucky.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

@The_Bin_Man wrote:

BTW:  The sales guy for FFTP told me OpenReach would bring the SH2 with them anyway as no point in posting out ahead because there's nothing I can do with it.

I suspect the sales guy was confusing an SH2 with an ONT.

Message 4 of 18

Thanks for replies.

My existing BT Hub doesn't have a WAN port although I could use an Apple Time Capsule in the meantime.

I'm hoping the SH2 is up to the job!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

You can always directly-connect your conputer to the ONT, at least to test it and assure yourself the connection is working while the SH2 gets delivered.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

@chwrote:

You can always directly-connect your conputer to the ONT, at least to test it and assure yourself the connection is working while the SH2 gets delivered.

Why? He has an Apple Time Capsule.

DOH! That's not a router.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

@The_Bin_Man  If you have an existing service from BT like FTTC and your SH2 for FTTP hasn’t shown up you might want to consider asking BT to extend your existing service until the SH2 for FTTP arrives (if not already 🙂 ).

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

When my FTTP was installed 3 weeks ago I too had no router due to lack of stock at BT.

Good thing is I knew how to setup a PPPoE connection direct from the ONT to my laptop and the engineer was happy to pass the job as he saw 900 / 110Mbps coming through to my computer. 😎

Not a chance in hell I was postponing my install due to that reason.

Another fact is I already had a third party router (Asus RT-AX88U) of my choice to connect when the job was done so it really didn't matter for me.

I since had it delivered but still here sat in a box un-touched.

Smart Hub 2.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

@busterboy1  in the box is the best place for it.

I am fequently amazed at people who will pay for a hi level service and rely on low level 'one size fits all' ISP supplied routers.

Message 10 of 18

@pippincp 

I agree 100%.👍

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings