Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holmesy16
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Openreach Database Issue

Go to solution

I have recently had a new line installed which is connected to cabinet 5 Redbourn. During the installation a fault developed on the line, prior to the fault I was able to order infinity however the results now show that it is not available. When performing a search using my address it shows that infinity is available. 

Further to this, other flats in the development have infinity installed already. I believe that this is a openreach database issue and was wondering whether this could be updated to show that infinity can be installed?

The results from the ADSL checker are below 

Telephone Number 01582****** on Exchange REDBOURN is served by Cabinet 5

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environment

Status

FTTP on Demand33030--Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 15--8.5 to 18.5Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 15Up to 1.58.5 to 18.5Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available--------
Fixed Rate2----Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
Bridge TapU       

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2016; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2016.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Openreach Database Issue

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @holmesy16

Please edit your post to remove your phone number, as this is a public forum.

Perhaps the original information you saw was wrong, and it showed a different cabinet by mistake, which is why there was an installation issue? The correct cabinet may not be fibre enabled?

The address and postcode search in not accurate, and may have given you the wrong result.

0 Ratings
holmesy16
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
I don't believe so as we had a number of different openreach engineers attend the to try and fix the fault. They all confirmed that it was connected to cabinet 5 and that FTTC is available to connect as soon as the order is placed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Do you have the phone number of another flat that you can try in the checker, as it sounds like you have spoken to other flat owners?

0 Ratings
holmesy16
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
No I haven't been able to get a phone number of the other flats yet. Although not accurate a few homehub 6s have recently appeared on the wifi network.

I have seen that a mods have been able to update this issue, from what I have gathered I believe that this is a database issue.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@holmesy16 wrote:
No I haven't been able to get a phone number of the other flats yet. Although not accurate a few homehub 6s have recently appeared on the wifi network.

I have seen that a mods have been able to update this issue, from what I have gathered I believe that this is a database issue.

The home hub 6 is also used on normal broadband, so that is no indication of BT Infinity. If you can see BT Wifi, you could try connecting to that, to see what speed you get.

See if any neighbours have fibre broadband, they may simply have normal broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
holmesy16
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Ok I will tonight. In the mean time is there a way of checking for an error in the database?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@holmesy16 wrote:
Ok I will tonight. In the mean time is there a way of checking for an error in the database?

Not easily. If you can prove that a neighbour is connected to the same cabinet as you, and has BT Infinity, then one of the moderators would be able to help.

As they are very busy at the moment, it would be best if you did your own checks first.

0 Ratings
holmesy16
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I have checked the speeds of BT Wifi with interesting results

My internet is 18.28Mbps download and 1.05Mbps upload with a ping of 28ms

BT Wifi is 9.13Mbps download and 9.15Mbps upload with a ping of 13ms.

Does this prove that I should be able to get FTTC? 

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
holmesy16
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Any help with this issue would be much appricated. 

0 Ratings